Florida has taken diving to a new level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Bennett tonight was an act. It should have been 5 minutes without any act. Fair that it was only 2 because Bennett tried to sell it. It was a deliberate kneeing worth 5 min but the selling part pissed me off.

Barkov the other night was not an act. He'd not stay out of that game if he had been allowed to attend. It was concussion protocol, once the league flags you there's no negotiating.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Every single Florida visit to the locker room was a fake injury. Planned by Maurice to gain maximum ref sympathy and to game the very incompetent system that is NHL officiating.

Yes they’ve taken diving to a ridiculous level.
my belief has always been to win with class and lose with class. act like you've been there before. basketball coaches will tell you when they're yelling at a ref about a blown call, what they're really doing it hoping for the NEXT call. gamesmanship is part of sports. if you can pull it off an get away with it, more power to you. kinda like driving faster than the speed limit and not getting a ticket. like yogi said 90 percent of the game is half mental. whatever psychological edge that CAN be gained, SHOULD be gained. injuries and officiating are part of the game. neither is ever an excuse for losing

Last edited:
Reactions: Bone Density

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Every single Florida visit to the locker room was a fake injury. Planned by Maurice to gain maximum ref sympathy and to game the very incompetent system that is NHL officiating.

Yes they’ve taken diving to a ridiculous level.
pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
They've been brutal for diving. Not going to sit here and say Draisaitl and a few others don't go down when they feel some contact but the flopping from Bennett/Tkachuk has been next level. Class above Fiala and Arvidsson

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I don’t think they’re diving but they’re exaggerating a bit.

Bennett crawled off the ice then came out absolutely flying 30 seconds later, I mean it’s kind of comical how fast he was skating

luostarinen looked to me like it could have been a charlie horse, that was a bad call on the major though. Barkovs was legit I don’t see how that could be criticized
I don't often agree with your takes, but I think this is pretty fair. Also fair to say both teams have been engaging in theatrics, though from a biased fans standard it does seem a little comical how often Florida has had guys barely making it off the ice and then back no worse for wear a shift or two later.

Reactions: sepHF

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I guess a lot of you never had a "dead leg" in elementary school? Where some douche knees you in the side of your leg? Ya it's kind of like that and it f***ing hurts and you literally can't walk for a few minutes and then you're better.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
It does seem like the refs are fed up with Florida. After feigning injury to be miraculously immediately 3 straight times it appears that refs tried to send a message this game.

Oilers got a 5 on 3 after Bennett and Tkachuk scrum. Neither Hyman nor mcdavid acted like they were shot same way Panthers have been doing so.

Difference is the Foegele penalty an alternative view shows he barely hit him. Same penalty kill Janmark was tripped and got up right away.

After several times doing this and none by Edmonton its clearly something Maurice instructed them to do.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Bobrovsky whenever an Oiler gets within 3 feet of him:

Attachments

• King_interference.gif
    King_interference.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
5 minutes left, mcdavid should have skated by barkov and have his head go towards his elbow, fall, then trainer waves for the stretcher. Practice privately then on Twitter posts that mcdavid is still in hospital.

NHL announces barkov suspended for 3 games. Mcdavid miraculously shows up for game 5. Oilers take the next 3.

Reactions: Macheteops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad