Florida has taken diving to a new level

Status
Not open for further replies.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
if the standard is brad richards headbutting the boards when kaleta grazed him, then no, florida is below the standard.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
That's some social media inspired hyperbole by OP. It's been noticable but hasn't been a new level.
Your level is players get shot after being touched. Obviously not a new level to you but most hockey fans aren't accustomed to seeing players go to the dressing room faking then coming right out the next shift like they were never touched.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I've learned that things can hurt a whole lot for a short while and then it's ok just as quickly. Last winter I fell down and hurt my ankle, pushed through the pain for a while, then could barely walk for a few hours. Next morning I barely noticed the injury, no swelling no painkillers or anything.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You have to love all these coping mechanism

Whatever helps you sleep better

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
You'll never see mcdavid go down on the pp but for some reason 5v5 he cant seem to stay on his feet if someone's touching him

A one handed Bennett was able to somehow man handle McDavid to the ground while also fending off another payer with his hand. Its like Bennett learned super human strength out of no where

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I don’t think they’re diving but they’re exaggerating a bit.

Bennett crawled off the ice then came out absolutely flying 30 seconds later, I mean it’s kind of comical how fast he was skating

luostarinen looked to me like it could have been a charlie horse, that was a bad call on the major though. Barkovs was legit I don’t see how that could be criticized

With Bennett- 1) You can get a stinger that disappears pretty quickly. 2) That said, it was weird how he limped down the bench past all his teammates for an unnecessary exam. Like, if there’s any doubt obviously get shit checked out, but also if there’s any structural concern maybe don’t speed limp on an awkward surface, making sure the cameras get you going off getting dapped up like a warrior. Idk, seems like I’ve seen guys go out the one door and back through the one closer to the tunnel if there’s a real injury concern, they just glide on their one good leg. Bennett sat down like he was prepping for his next shift, then got told to go have it looked at for optics.

Just the one oddity I noticed, probably just a weird moment, but it provides a modicum of evidence to the “coaches are telling players to sell it” idea.

Reactions: Oilslick941611
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad