Proposal: Florida and Edmonton (Draisaitl)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
How would Barkov leave? The post you quoted has him signed in big bold letters...
He said they won’t ask for a signed Barkov+. Insinuating that an unsigned Barkov with the packages mentioned would be more fair. In that case Barkov would have 1 year left (21-22) and would be a UFA after that, if for any reason he were to not like Edmonton, Holland would be left with either just a winger, or a goaltender and some other minor piece

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Florida: Draisaitl

To Edmonton: 2023 1st, Lundell, Knight, Hornqvist, Vatrano

Florida get Draisaitl

Edmonton get a high-end C prospect, a 2023 1st, their goalie of the future in Knight, and a couple of capable veterans to make it all work financially

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I would consider Leon Draisaitl + Mikko Koskinen for Sean Couturier + Carter Hart.

Since we are fantasizing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He said they won’t ask for a signed Barkov+. Insinuating that an unsigned Barkov with the packages mentioned would be more fair. In that case Barkov would have 1 year left (21-22) and would be a UFA after that, if for any reason he were to not like Edmonton, Holland would be left with either just a winger, or a goaltender and some other minor piece
That's a bizarre leap.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Florida get Draisaitl

Edmonton get a high-end C prospect, a 2023 1st, their goalie of the future in Knight, and a couple of capable veterans to make it all work financially

Doesn't make sense for FLA. And I don't think EDM even listens to that offer with a straight face

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
Fun thread, not realistic to have happen at all, only trade that makes sense would be Barkov as the key piece going back, which wouldn't happen without an extension. I expect that extension to be in the 10 million range, given Draisaitl is typically considered the superior player and being on one of the best contracts in the league, Extended Barkov @ 10/season + Knight would likely do it for Edmonton.

I think that's fair and not an overpay on paper, but honestly, given Flordia's offensive core and depth, losing Knight for a higher offensive center doesn't make much sense for that team. Barkov is the better defensive player as well, which again, given the fact that Flordia isn't struggling for offensive, doesn't make sense to do.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
:laugh: Florida isn't dealing neither Barkov or Huberdeau, And why would Ekblad waive his NMC from Florida to Edmonton when he and his fiance are building a home not more then 15 minutes from Little Caesars Arena there in Windsor Ontario Canada? Florida easily passes Ekblad isn't waiving and Barkov and Huberdeau aren't going anywhere Florida is much closer to the cup then Edmonton.
Since when does Ekblad have a NMC? Isn't he too young to have one or am I mistaken

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Eichel for Draisaitl IMO is actually fair ish in value alone. No chance Edmonton trades him at all, let alone for picks and players, considering he’s signed with term at 8.5.

In said parallel universe where he would be up for grabs there is , I would say less than 10 players in the league he would be traded for.

Matthews, Eichel, Mackinnon, Makar, Vasilevsky to name a few who would hold similar value.

Disgruntled, injured, needing surgery Jack Eichel? He's a hell of a player but I don't think Edmonton remotely considers a 1 for 1 deal.

As for "florida has lots of assets to trade for Draisaitl without Barkov" let's go ahead and stop THAT in its tracks. Magic beans deals are a hard no.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Florida get Draisaitl

Might as well just trade McDavid at that point too if we're auctioning off Draisaitl for futures and has-beens. Edmonton isn't rebuilding and Draisaitl isn't some 32 year old falling star. Holy hell this is a terrible offer.

I think Ken Holland is an idiot and an awful GM but even he launches the old rotary phone into orbit.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Might as well just trade McDavid at that point too if we're auctioning off Draisaitl for futures and has-beens. Edmonton isn't rebuilding and Draisaitl isn't some 32 year old falling star. Holy hell this is a terrible offer.

I think Ken Holland is an idiot and an awful GM but even he launches the old rotary phone into orbit.

It wasn't an offer...

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Nobody would ask for a signed Barkov + Huberdeau. Or a signed Barkov + Knight + another piece. For Draisaitl.

Signed Barkov+Huberdeau could be close, depending on their contracts. My guess is that they are paid at least 14 milion for both of then so I would rather keep Draisaitl. :huh:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
A recent Hart Lindsay Art Ross winner not even in his prime gets a return that makes the other team pay till it hurts

Reactions: Holystik

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Signed Barkov+Huberdeau could be close, depending on their contracts. My guess is that they are paid at least 14 milion for both of then so I would rather keep Draisaitl. :huh:

No way I’d turn that down. 2 top tier players for 1 top 4 tier best player I do that deal. That said Florida wouldn’t and for what Florida would deem fair we wouldn’t do the deal.

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
All that all around stuff is nice but the hardest thing to come by is goals. Also Drai has played a fair bit without McD as McD as missed a lot of time for injuries and Drai still produced a lot.
Has McDavid missed a lot of time for injuries? Apart from his first season and his broken collarbone, he has been very durable and missed very few games.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Draisaitl is a dynamic offensive player on a reasonable contract for whom the Panthers have zero need, since they already have a dynamic offense. The Panthers primary need is to unload Bob and his $10,000,000 contract. Their secondary need is a top 4 defender. That said, like every other team in the NHL, the Panthers would doubtless be willing to trade for Draisaitl if the price was low enough ( i.e. vets with bloated contracts, a prospect or two etc.). Ain't happening...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad