Proposal: Florida and Edmonton (Draisaitl)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
And ya contracts aside give me Barkov over Draisaitl. Barkov is the much better all around player and I'm sure his offensive numbers would go up quite a bit getting to play with McDavid.

Reactions: heksagon

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They really dont
What about Ekblad and Huberdeau for Drai? I don't think Florida's 1st is worth that much at this point as they are going to be one of the top teams this year. Other than Ekblad and Huberdeau in a two for 1 kind of scenario I don't know who else gets Drai.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Draisaitl contract makes it too hard to deal for him. Top 3 contract in the league IMO. The ask would probably be Barkov signed+ Knight + another piece or Barkov + Huberdeau which Florida shouldn’t do.

I feel like it’s too hard to accurately trade for draisaitl without overpaying due to his contract + play
Nobody would ask for a signed Barkov + Huberdeau. Or a signed Barkov + Knight + another piece. For Draisaitl.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Barkov would just leave Edmonton in UFA anyway, he will want top dollar (10M+) which Edmonton cannot afford. Doesn't make sense for the Oilers for that reason alone.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
And ya contracts aside give me Barkov over Draisaitl. Barkov is the much better all around player and I'm sure his offensive numbers would go up quite a bit getting to play with McDavid.
All that all around stuff is nice but the hardest thing to come by is goals. Also Drai has played a fair bit without McD as McD as missed a lot of time for injuries and Drai still produced a lot.

Reactions: TFHockey

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
All that all around stuff is nice but the hardest thing to come by is goals. Also Drai has played a fair bit without McD as McD as missed a lot of time for injuries and Drai still produced a lot.

That all-around play is actually pretty important...

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The problem is you can't ignore contracts. Barkov is a UFA soon and Drai's contract is a sweethart deal for his production.

I suspect the trade would be Lundell + Knight + Weegar for Drai.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The problem is you can't ignore contracts. Barkov is a UFA soon and Drai's contract is a sweethart deal for his production.

I suspect the trade would be Lundell + Knight + Weegar for Drai.

Oilers hang up the phone immediately. That’s terrible.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Barkov is the more complete player, I don’t see why they trade him for a lesser player in Draisaitl

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Why not Eichel for Draisaitl? Same logic applies?
Eichel for Matthews wouldn’t happen right now. We don’t know the condition of eichel, is he a 90-100 point player or is he done with hockey, or anywhere in between. His injury is too much of a concern point

then there’s the fact that draisaitl is worth significantly more than matthews

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Nobody would ask for a signed Barkov + Huberdeau. Or a signed Barkov + Knight + another piece. For Draisaitl.
For Barkov + huberdeau probably not. But for the Barkov + knight + another piece, you risk Barkov leaving and only being left with a goalie and whatever piece the other is. Ken Holland probably wants more insurance for that trade option,

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
IMHO in any real discussion, EDM demands start w Ekblad plus Huberdeau plus a 1st

Drai coming of 2 remarkable seasons, EDM gets an overpay to even consider moving him
No reason to consider any less

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
Sasha Barkov would be awesome but his next contract is gonna be massive and we couldn't afford him. It would honestly be easier for Florida to just trade Bennett, Reinhart and ekblad to Edmonton lol

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
:laugh: Florida isn't dealing neither Barkov or Huberdeau, And why would Ekblad waive his NMC from Florida to Edmonton when he and his fiance are building a home not more then 15 minutes from Little Caesars Arena there in Windsor Ontario Canada? Florida easily passes Ekblad isn't waiving and Barkov and Huberdeau aren't going anywhere Florida is much closer to the cup then Edmonton.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
:laugh: Florida isn't dealing neither Barkov or Huberdeau, And why would Ekblad waive his NMC from Florida to Edmonton when he and his fiance are building a home not more then 15 minutes from Little Caesars Arena there in Windsor Ontario Canada? Florida easily passes Ekblad isn't waiving and Barkov and Huberdeau aren't going anywhere Florida is much closer to the cup then Edmonton.
Good thing than that the op isn’t an Edmonton fan and that Edmonton is more than happy with their team.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Lol yes he is.

If Barkov played with McDavid he’d have 200 pts a season. Not to mention Draisaitl can’t touch Barkov defensively. Take off those glasses.

And why do we even need Draisaitl, we have a top 3, if not the best, forward core in the league.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
For Barkov + huberdeau probably not. But for the Barkov + knight + another piece, you risk Barkov leaving and only being left with a goalie and whatever piece the other is. Ken Holland probably wants more insurance for that trade option,
How would Barkov leave? The post you quoted has him signed in big bold letters...

kij

Jan 31, 2016
You can't get Draisaitl but you can have Dal Colle and Virtanen (5th & 6th) for free

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad