Flint Firebirds 2023 - 24 Off-Season Thread

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Has clattenberg been showing he has any hands? I mean other than for fighting?
Well he more than doubled his goals scored in the 30 games with Flint vs the 30 he played in the Soo. We were kind of surprised at his level of play. We knew he was a tough guy but he turned out to be a tough guy with some skill and just as importantly he is a leader on the ice. He was a clutch player too. Always seemed to have that big hit or be johnny on the spot in the corners and in front of the net. He took a lot of pressure off our younger players when other team would try to rough them up. Set a good example for them. The kid brings a lot t to the table other than scoring.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Doesn't make sense when you need help up the middle.
Maybe that’s all they could get to commit. If not, I don’t understand it at all. They already had a solid top 6 with Jack D’Arcy and Mason Taylor in the wings. Not to mention the possibility of signing Colosimo. You’d think Bertucci, Mania and Collins are locks. I really hope they aren’t planning on moving Smith or Fellinger.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
the only way the petes can do that is because they dont have an owner to say no. thats not something anyone does,
I get that. I didn’t think many…or any at all had true scouts or part time scouts in Europe or flew staff over there. It’s just that Rolf Nilsen is a billionaire. He’s talked a lot s**t about wanting Flint to be one of the top organizations in the CHL. He has done a lot for the arena and it appears the organization is slowly trending in the right direction. My thought perspective from an OHL business standpoint? Flint has struggled to acquire quality Imports over their existence. Spend the $15-20k or whatever to send a couple guys over there. Your team will/should be significantly better on ice from that. Wins will put people in the seats in Flint without a doubt. Enough to pay for that trip over the course of a season I bet. Plus, if their landing high quality 17yo’s and they get NHL drafted, doesn’t the club get a couple grand back for that?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I get that. I didn’t think many…or any at all had true scouts or part time scouts in Europe or flew staff over there. It’s just that Rolf Nilsen is a billionaire. He’s talked a lot s**t about wanting Flint to be one of the top organizations in the CHL. He has done a lot for the arena and it appears the organization is slowly trending in the right direction. My thought perspective from an OHL business standpoint? Flint has struggled to acquire quality Imports over their existence. Spend the $15-20k or whatever to send a couple guys over there. Your team will/should be significantly better on ice from that. Wins will put people in the seats in Flint without a doubt. Enough to pay for that trip over the course of a season I bet. Plus, if their landing high quality 17yo’s and they get NHL drafted, doesn’t the club get a couple grand back for that?
Oh man, you said too many positive things. You sent the bat signal out for her.

Just waiting for her to chime in now. 3.....2.....1..

• Haha
Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Per, the OHL Website…the list of current and former Flint Firebirds attending NHL Development camps includes…

Coulson Pitre (Anaheim)
Nolan Collins (Columbus)
Tristan Bertucci (Dallas)
Blake Smith (Detroit)
Connor Clattenburg (Edmonton)
Nathan Day (Edmonton)
Matthew Mania (LA Kings)
Nathan Aspinall (NYR)
Artem Guryev (San Jose)
Will Cranley (St. Louis)
Kaden Pitre (Tampa Bay)

…and former Firebirds

Gavin Hayes (Chicago)
Brennan Othmann (NYR)
Ethan Hay (Tampa Bay)
Braeden Kressler (Toronto)

Wouldn’t have been surprised to see Thibodeau, Konyen or Jenken at a camp either. Hopefully all 3 can show they should have got an invite as the 24-25 season progresses.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad