Flint Firebirds 2023 - 24 Off-Season Thread

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
It starts at the TOP no matter at what level you are at to bring in the staff that produces a winning product on the ice.

If you all are happy with 8 years of losing more games than winning games, then your right it's IRRELEVANT.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Flint's been great the last 5 years though even with a below .500 year last year! .582 winning % over the last 5 years. Sure they had a rough few years to start as many new franchises do, but you are really trying hard to cling to your narrative there.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
It's HARD to CLING to the NARRATIVE when hockey people really KNOW what the PROBLEM is in Flint.

Bring in respective and proven hockey people into your organization like Devellano and Osgood and look what can happen.

Ask yourself why Saginaw and not Flint? I think you all know why. Until that changes don't go looking for anything MEMORIAL happening in Flint.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
It's HARD to CLING to the NARRATIVE when hockey people really KNOW what the PROBLEM is in Flint.

Bring in respective and proven hockey people into your organization like Devellano and Osgood and look what can happen.

Ask yourself why Saginaw and not Flint? I think you all know why. Until that changes don't go looking for anything MEMORIAL happening in Flint.
You have to have a good team to host the memorial cup. If you guys had any shot of it, it would’ve been with Othmann. Plenty of teams haven’t hosted before.

• Haha
Reactions: Toldyaso

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
It starts at the TOP no matter at what level you are at to bring in the staff that produces a winning product on the ice.

If you all are happy with 8 years of losing more games than winning games, then your right it's IRRELEVANT.
Everything you post is wrong.

Give it up.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It’ll be a couple years before we can assess the ‘24 draft but it’s great to see the top 4 signed. Can’t fault McParlan there. Would still love to see Colosimo signed. Someone from a previous draft like Darian Anderson, Dryden Allen, Chase Hull or Cullen Potter ending up in blue and orange at some point wouldn’t hurt either.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint looks to be a promising club this upcomig season plus has two import selections to get even better.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
LW​
C​
RW
Connor Clattenburg - 05 - 60 GP - 29 PKaden Pitre 06 - 35 GP - 30 PEvan Konyen *04* - 55 GP - 48 P
Nathan Aspinall 06 - 65 GP - 34 PJimmy Lombardi 07 - 62 GP - 20 PChristopher Thibodeau 05 - 68 GP 60 P
Matthew Wang 05 - 61 GP - 11 PGage Brandon - 08 Rookie - 3rd roundAlex Kostov 06 - 66 GP - 26 P
Jeremy Martin 07 - 64 GP - 14 PMax Anderson - 07 - 18 GP - 0 PCole Zurawski - 08 Rookie - 1st round
Ryland Cunningham - 08 - Rookie - 2nd round
LDGRD
Tristan Bertucci 05 - 61 GP - 44 PNathan Day 05Matthew Mania 05 - 45 GP - 23 P
Blake Smith *04* - 65 GP - 13 PJacob Brown 06Nolan Collins *04* - 65 GP - 26 P
Mason Taylor 06 - 3 GP - 0 PRylan Fellinger 07 - 58 GP - 4 P
Matthew Jenken 05 - 68 P - 18 P
Jack D'Arcy 07 - 4 GP - 0 P

Lots of right handed defenders now, wondering in Jenken gets moved for something. Fellinger was very solid last year, and only expect him to take bigger strides.

Want list-
1/2 C to pair with Pitre, who just hasn't stayed healthy. Love Lombardi, but don't want to put that much pressure on him too early.

LD - Maybe flip a pick and Jenken for a LD
LW - Maybe. I expect big things from Aspinall, Clattenburg was solid, Martin has a knack for scoring some goals.

Need Nathan Day to take big steps this year.

Penguins didn't sign Collins. Any chance he is drafted with a late round pick next month?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Teams could just wait the year and if he does well-sign as a free agent. DY+2’s don’t usually get drafted unless they dominate
I haven’t seen enough of him to have a valid assessment but you’re right. It’s WAY more likely he gets signed after the season by an NHL/AHL club if he looks good this year.

Reactions: frontsfan67

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
That was my initial thought also. Thing is, London is likely to be more shorthanded that weekend than Flint with kids still up with NHL clubs.
Oh 1000%

They might be without a couple, but they also might have a couple in the lineup as well.

We go out and lose 6-1 to half of London, going to throw myself down the stairs and get a refund on my season tickets. 🤣🤣

• Haha

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Oh 1000%

They might be without a couple, but they also might have a couple in the lineup as well.

We go out and lose 6-1 to half of London, going to throw myself down the stairs and get a refund on my season tickets. 🤣🤣
I never really take too much stock in those first 2-3 weekends. It’ll be good to get a couple vs London out of the way right off the bat and assess where they are vs what should be a solid group in the Knights even missing a couple pieces. I could see Flint missing Bertucci. Probably everybody else back. London will be minus Cowan I’m sure, possibly Bonk and Barkey. I’d have to look at their roster to see anymore possibilities. Flint has struggled mightily in the past those first couple weekends though. Of course, we’ve seen coaches dismissed and the ship quickly righted a couple of those years though.

Reactions: frontsfan67

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
#159 - Aspinall to the Rangers
#160 - Clattenburg to the Oilers

Thought Aspy could sneak in late, didn't think Clattenburg had a chance.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Good for Kaden Pitre, I thought the injury was going to take him out of the draft.
#181 to Tampa.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It’s about what I was expecting for Aspinall and Pitre. I think Kaden will end up being really good value for Tampa. Wasn’t expecting to see Clattenburg picked but am absolutely thrilled for him. Won’t be shocked if we see Jenken at an NHL Camp in the fall either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad