GDT: Flames vs Devils (HNIC)

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Jooris and Glencross were definitely 2 of the 3 stars last night; it's anybody's guess who the third was.. Johnny was everywhere, but Gio and Brodie each had a gaffe that cost us a goal.. very uncharacteristic of them, unless the new thing now is to make sure we're losing in the 3rd to make things interesting lol either way, Brodes and Gio redeemed themselves later in the game, and Brodie was actually quite good other than not picking up Zajac on that one goal. You could tell he was pissed with himself afterward. On to Anaheim Tuesday, let's hope Hiller didn't use up all of his revenge power last game :yo:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
About Knight being in the shootout, it may have just been a gut feeling but Knight made a nice little move there.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Jooris and Glencross were definitely 2 of the 3 stars last night; it's anybody's guess who the third was.. Johnny was everywhere, but Gio and Brodie each had a gaffe that cost us a goal.. very uncharacteristic of them, unless the new thing now is to make sure we're losing in the 3rd to make things interesting lol either way, Brodes and Gio redeemed themselves later in the game, and Brodie was actually quite good other than not picking up Zajac on that one goal. You could tell he was pissed with himself afterward. On to Anaheim Tuesday, let's hope Hiller didn't use up all of his revenge power last game :yo:

Ramo will be in net. I'll be shocked if it's Hiller.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Was at the game last night. Great atmosphere and i called it to my buddies that we were winning this game, just before we made it 4-3.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought Ramo played particularly well in the 3rd and OT, I'm starting to think it looks as though Ramo plays best under a heavy work load.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Boy. It's hard not to love this team.
Last night, in the middle of the second, I started getting this feeling like... is this finally the game that we start slowing down? We missed 3-4 high quality scoring chances (like when Gooch missed a gaping net), and I was like, this reminds me of the Flames from a few years ago, we can't even capitalize on scoring chances.

They never quit, and when they scored at 3rd goal, I turned to my girlfriend and was like; we're winning this game. When we got that 4-4 goal, I nearly exploded out of my seat. I can't remember a time I was so jazzed about this team.

That Johnny Hockey kid is something eh. On the other hand, I'm all for sending Sven and Gooch down. They don't need to be playing 7 minutes a night; that's not how either of them will right the ship (Although each time I think Sven looks great; this might be the only thing I think Bob's out to lunch with). You have guys in the organization who can play 7 minutes a night and do something more with it (bang, fight, be a tool, etc).

None-the-less. Incredible game.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah I can't remember who posted it earlier in this GDT, but I haven't been this excited about the Flames since 04'. My wife is so pissed at me because of how obsessed I am.

And back off AF, she ain't that mad. :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I really liked that Ramo kept coming up with the big save when the team was down by 1 or 2 goals. Guy plays the same regardless of what's happened before. And I really like Ramo in the shootout. Hiller as well. I feel like we should have a good record in shootouts this season.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
So last night when I was watching the game, I thought I was quiet when we tied the game... turns out I still woke up my roommate with my restrained "Yeah!"

It's alright though, he's a Canuck fan.:nod:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I literally screamed and started shaking my roommate uncontrollably when Glencross scored the 4-4 goal. I'm having so much fun watching these Flames play!!!!!!!

I thought it was a nice touch too when they interviewed Lanny after the game and asked him what made the 89 team so special. Lanny said it was the fact that every guy on that team wanted to be with each other and bought into the team mentality. There was no "I" on that team and everyone worked towards a common goal. It is pretty evident that the Flames and the coaches have installed this into our locker room, as a result the boys are having fun and playing great.

I'll reserve my expectations until after this California trip, but if we do well...

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Boy. It's hard not to love this team.

They never quit, and when they scored at 3rd goal, I turned to my girlfriend and was like; we're winning this game. When we got that 4-4 goal, I nearly exploded out of my seat. I can't remember a time I was so jazzed about this team.

This.

This team has my attention and emotions! Ever since that game in Vancouver I feel like this team has found it's identity! This place will explode if we make the playoffs! And we will worship Aaron Ward and elevate him to hockey god status!

So many epic comebacks! So many great moments this season! I'm trying to debate which comeback was better? This one, or the game around Christmas last year against St. Louis? Either way, this team gives us sooo much to be happy about! :yo:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So last night when I was watching the game, I thought I was quiet when we tied the game... turns out I still woke up my roommate with my restrained "Yeah!"

It's alright though, he's a Canuck fan.:nod:
I think it's time for a new roommate :sarcasm:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Did you guys notice how pissed off Gio was when he was the reason the 4th goal went in? You could already tell he wanted to make up for that goal. It just shows how passionate he is for the game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man, I went back and re-watched the highlights from last night and they honestly felt like highlitghts from the '04 cup run. Just amazing atmosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad