GDT: Flames @ Senators - Fire Sale Edition - Sun 24 Feb 7PM - TVA/SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
maxresdefault.jpg

Will Stone be dressed in Red or White?

Projected Line-ups TBD

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
At this rate, EM is making trades with visiting teams or next opponent teams to save a few bucks on airfare and long distance calls.....maybe there is a trade with Calgary. God help us.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Always been a fan like you guys.....just fighting to throw in the towel, but alas, my hopes are going bye bye and its getting a lot harder to explain to the 11 and 9 yr olds at home why this is happening.

So you have an explanation.... I'd like to hear it.

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
Always been a fan like you guys.....just fighting to throw in the towel, but alas, my hopes are going bye bye and its getting a lot harder to explain to the 11 and 9 yr olds at home why this is happening.

What we and the team are going through right now and over the last year+ is just the worst feeling. But one of the reasons it’s just the worst feeling is that we’re not used to it. In many ways we’ve been blessed over the years. The reality is that we’re only one of the 35% of current NHL teams that have never won a cup. We are only one of MANY teams Matt Duchene would not have signed with had he landed there and not here. Mark Stone will shortly walk away from the team that brought him up, and that breaks my heart utterly, but we aren’t alone in that either. See Tavares, John.

What’s happening right now is like a hitting a bump in the road, and then ten more bumps, followed by bottoming out in a pot hole, and then careening wildly downhill. But as it is everywhere in life it’s the valleys that give the peaks their definition and meaning, and given enough space and time, you’ll always encounter both, each eventually rolling into the other.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
What we and the team are going through right now and over the last year+ is just the worst feeling. But one of the reasons it’s just the worst feeling is that we’re not used to it. In many ways we’ve been blessed over the years. The reality is that we’re only one of the 35% of current NHL teams that have never won a cup. We are only one of MANY teams Matt Duchene would not have signed with had he landed there and not here. Mark Stone will shortly walk away from the team that brought him up, and that breaks my heart utterly, but we aren’t alone in that either. See Tavares, John.

What’s happening right now is like a hitting a bump in the road, and then ten more bumps, followed by bottoming out in a pot hole, and then careening wildly downhill. But as it is everywhere in life it’s the valleys that give the peaks their definition and meaning, and given enough space and time, you’ll always encounter both, each eventually rolling into the other.
Well said, I just tried reading this to the 11 and 9 yr old and I lost them after the first sentence. But you are right, if we are doing a rebuild, this is the way to do it....all in. Lets go the Maple Leafs way. Full of amazing talent that they accumulated through the drafts.

Reactions: solidprospect

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well said, I just tried reading this to the 11 and 9 yr old and I lost them after the first sentence. But you are right, if we are doing a rebuild, this is the way to do it....all in. Lets go the Maple Leafs way. Full of amazing talent that they accumulated through the drafts.

Comparing Sens to the Leafs ?
They cannot spend like the leafs
They cannot afford strong front office personnel.
Leafs had a good mix of vets and young guys when the rebuild began.. much more to stabilize and build around.

Sens have been sunk. Show your kids a video of a ship sinking and all the people on board dying... They will get it.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

Agreed. Everything sucks right now. But let's not act like we've been in this hole forever. We're by far the most successful Canadian franchise in the last few decades.

In the last 20 years, we have 69 playoff wins. The next closest Canadian team is Montreal with 52.
Think the Leafs have it great? They haven't won a playoff series since Nieuendyk destroyed Lalime in 2004. We've won 7 series' since then.
Think losing a high 1st round pick sucks? The Leafs lost two high first round picks in a row for Kessel (Bruins got Seguin 2nd overall and Hamilton 9th overall).
Think we have literally the worst team ever this season? We already surpassed Colorado's 48 points two seasons ago. We could finish the season 0-23-0 and still end up ahead of them.

Still doesn't excuse Melnyk's asshattery.

But we're also not going to be in this dump forever.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wolanin is getting called up this game.

Send Lajoie down to play meaningful games in a BIG role... Bring Wolanin up to play meaningless games , losing, and playing < 10 minutes a game behind everyone else. Thanks Pierre.. you definitely have the pulse of what the fans want.

Reactions: topshelf15

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Dude, my son got a puck from Dzingel at the Alfredsson retirement game. He was one of his favourite players. He was upset today.

I explained to him this is a rebuild and only the weak give up hope.

I also gave him full notice early in the season that this is a long process. I used the leafs as an example. They sucked for years and now they are a contender.

Ottawa will be crap for the three years as planned.

Most will get over it, and get behind the rebuild.

My son seems to have.

Reactions: solidprospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad