GDT: Flames @ Senators - Fire Sale Edition - Sun 24 Feb 7PM - TVA/SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- not a bad game tonight & they hung in there until the end, Duclair hits the post & Calgary goes back the other way & scores. How many times do we have to see that this yr? Duclair didn't impress me tonight either but that was a nice shot attempt when White sent him in all alone.

- I just don't get the fascination with Balcers, perimeter player, soft as butter constantly knocked off the puck or loses puck battles. Good puck handler but if he can't generate any offence is completely ineffectual, no impact in the game on any shift. He may have more skill than Pageau but Pageau has an impact in the game the way he plays defensively & occasionally offensively.

- nice to see both Tkachuks score tonight although Mathew's was called back. Shows you what I know, I thought both were good goals & I never saw that before, two very similar goals called back.

- if Stone is traded Tkachuk should be the next captain of this team, he hits, he fights & stands up for teammates, plays at both ends of the ice, is hard to play against, good defensively & contributes offensively. While I don't usually promote young players for captain, who else is left?

- I thought the Harpur & Jaros tandem had a good night & is becoming a decent pair. Hardly noticed Wolanin or Goloubef.

- as soon as Brown made a mistake he sat on the bench for awhile, same for Batherson, that taskmaster GB showing them whose in charge, at least for a little while longer. Just fire him already.

- they have to STOP that drop pass during the PP, they are completely useless at it & it constantly kills momentum & time.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I know he’s not ready but man Brown looks so timid out there. Which current first line centers in the NHL ever looked like that? They all had the talent to do what they wanted on the ice at some points early in their career.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I know he’s not ready but man Brown looks so timid out there. Which current first line centers in the NHL ever looked like that? They all had the talent to do what they wanted on the ice at some points early in their career.
Yep its the thing that has held him back......He needs to force his way into the dirty areas to realise that skill/size combo he has...But he looks scared to do it

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yep its the thing that has held him back......He needs to force his way into the dirty areas to realise that skill/size combo he has...But he looks scared to do it
not even so much timid in that way.. just timid to show what he can do.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
not even so much timid in that way.. just timid to show what he can do.
His size is a big part of what he could do,add it along with his skill and we may have a Joe Thornton lite here...But totally agree he does seem timid to try and force his will

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
What a gong show. 1 goals in 3 games when players like Ryan, Tierney, Tkachuk and White leading the charge on offense.

If it wasn't for Chabot, we would have 0 goals in 3 games now

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Decent game to watch live. A real kick in the teeth there att the end. I liked the new Canadians ceremony, that was really nice.

I liked the young guys. Chlapik is not an NHL player, maybe they can package him with Ceci. He is just getting in the way.

Duclair was very noticeable, a good start from him. You can see why he keeps getting moved. Dude has some skills and can skate. Almost a storybook ending for him last night.

Guys played really hard, and blocked a lot of shots. That is a great team, the Flames, and you can see how big the gap is between the two franchises right now. Yikes.

Heroes: Tkachuk, Ryan, Jaros, Duclair, Anderson, Goloubef

Zeroes: Chlapik, Tierney, Chabot,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad