HF Habs: Flames or Panthers 1st Round Pick 2025

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If they end up 11, it would be a gift from the hockey gods for having had to deal with Therrien 2x.
LOL
I have zero expectations for an 11th place finish. Calgary could aim for 11th and not get it. :laugh:
They definitely aren't aiming for 11th and pulling the tent pegs is so easy approaching TDL.
Best case scenario is they remain in a dog fight for a playoff spot. I'm not sure how likely that is.

Hutty

Oct 14, 2024
Been many years since I’ve commented. Been reading though. Finally, I actually feel like the team will be worth discussing. It’s been so long that my info is out of the system. Starting fresh!!!!
I actually see a scenario here where Florida takes a dive. With a nagging injury to barkov, tkachuk in and out, Sergei another year older , cup hangover, key pieces gone? Just might be in for a down year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So if by some chance Florida finished worse than Calgary do we get Calgary's pick?

depends on where the Flames pick is.

this is a bit outdated but good breakdown if you scroll all the way down to the flo chart,

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020
the pittsburgh loss at the end against columbus and chicago really f***ed our rebuild up. Instread of drafting a high end forward top 16 we ended up trading 2 picks for a f***ing 3rd line player with nothing exceptionnal except speed.
Imagining a world in which we draft both Leonard at #5 and Perreault at #16 hurts quite a lot

Reactions: Trenbohabs

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
LOL
I have zero expectations for an 11th place finish. Calgary could aim for 11th and not get it. :laugh:
They definitely aren't aiming for 11th and pulling the tent pegs is so easy approaching TDL.
Best case scenario is they remain in a dog fight for a playoff spot. I'm not sure how likely that is.
If Calgary is 'in the mix' around trade deadline time, no way will they be selling just to avoid giving the Habs a good pick, that would be a disservice to their players.

Edit: I guess that's what you meant by dogfight 😄

Reactions: Rapala

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
the pittsburgh loss at the end against columbus and chicago really f***ed our rebuild up. Instread of drafting a high end forward top 16 we ended up trading 2 picks for a f***ing 3rd line player with nothing exceptionnal except speed
Newhook is a very good 2nd line winger. I doubt a to p16 forward would even be that good. He needs Dach to get up to speed and a good 3rd player on that line and he will produce.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Calgary is 'in the mix' around trade deadline time, no way will they be selling just to avoid giving the Habs a good pick, that would be a disservice to their players.

Edit: I guess that's what you meant by dogfight 😄
Would be crazy if they did sell, only to fall to 11th worse overall.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So if by some chance Florida finished worse than Calgary do we get Calgary's pick?

If both picks are outside of the top 10, we get the better of the two picks

If one pick ends up top 10, we get the worse pick.

Basically, it's the Flames pick if they finish 10+ but the Panthers pick if the Flames finish bottom 10.

Best we can hope for is the Flames start hot and sustain it to a point where they don't sell or tank at the TDL.

Reactions: LaP

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Flames on year 1 of the rebuild and they’re already ahead of Chicago, San Jose, Anaheim, Philly, Buffalo and Ottawa (and us...) :sarcasm:
Huberdeau and Kadri were told they had to improve their play if they wanted to be traded so they’re working their asses off to get out of town

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad