HF Habs: Flames or Panthers 1st Round Pick 2025

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I’m going with this and you get the quote since your the last reply! Calgary to be pushed out to the 11th pick either by lottery teams moving a head of them by winning the lottery or just having the flames finish 22nd in the league which grants them that pick. I’m not sold yet on the Habs finishing in the bottom 5, but only because as I said before not signing Stamkos, I’m ok with disappointment, I deal with it well.

Having a 5th pick and an 11th pick would be something to end our rebuilding!
That would be dope honestly and we could look forward for sure.

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Your basic reading comprehension is lacking, or you're being purposely optuse. I'm not wasting any more time repeating the same thing to you. In fact, no point exchanging anything with you since you can't comprehend what you read.

Goodbye
Very bizarre behaviour coming from you. He has backed up his claim with evidence. At some point we will get a confirmation if the Florida pick is lottery protected or top10 protected. Both are being used by different sources, but they do not mean the same thing.

Capfriendly has a reputation for being on the ball, I am inclined to believe the pick is lottery protected.

Now what does lottery protected mean? Does it mean it’s only protected if you win the lottery or simply participate in the lottery? At this point I feel the conversation is moot as I do not believe Florida will miss the playoffs.

Let’s go Flames! Finish 22nd in the NHL :eviltongu

Reactions: GrandBison

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
On puckpedia, for the 2025 FLA pick.

CONDITIONS
If 2024 conditional 1st Round Pick owned by Philadelphia moves to 2025, this pick moves to 2026. If this pick is top 10, Calgary receives 2026 1st Round Pick

Edit: saw @BoneHutson screenshots above, ok, seems like their is sources on both side so let’s wait and see! It’s quite important because finishing 9th in the east is not impossible for Florida. It can mean 96/98 points some season….
Capfriendly had it "lottery protected" rather than "top 10" protected, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Very bizarre behaviour coming from you. He has backed up his claim with evidence. At some point we will get a confirmation if the Florida pick is lottery protected or top10 protected. Both are being used by different sources, but they do not mean the same thing.

Capfriendly has a reputation for being on the ball, I am inclined to believe the pick is lottery protected.

Now what does lottery protected mean? Does it mean it’s only protected if you win the lottery or simply participate in the lottery? At this point I feel the conversation is moot as I do not believe Florida will miss the playoffs.

Lottery protected, in past trades meant that the team is participating at the lottery.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

I stopped reading after your 2nd sentence. He provided 0 evidence of the CGY-MTL trade, he only provided some for the CGY-FLA trade, which has no impact on the CGY-MTL trade if the CGY pick is outside of the top10.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I spent the whole summer of 2023 telling you guys the Bruins would not miss the playoffs last year and apparently i'll have to spend this whole summer 2024 telling you guys Florida wont miss next season. You guys have totally unrealistic expectations. It's like you're buying a house and a 649 ticket thinking you'll pay the house with the 649 jackpot.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
IMG_0151.jpeg

Reactions: CDN24

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
I spent the whole summer of 2023 telling you guys the Bruins would not miss the playoffs last year and apparently i'll have to spend this whole summer 2024 telling you guys Florida wont miss next season. You guys have totally unrealistic expectations. It's like you're buying a house and a 649 ticket thinking you'll pay the house with the 649 jackpot.

They are missing next year. You heard it here first.

Reactions: BoneHutson

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I stopped reading after your 2nd sentence. He provided 0 evidence of the CGY-MTL trade, he only provided some for the CGY-FLA trade, which has no impact on the CGY-MTL trade if the CGY pick is outside of the top10.
CGY-FLA trade is relevant because if CGY doesn’t have FLA 2025 pick on hand, we get their pick no top 10 protection (1st overall protected)

Reactions: GrandBison

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I disagree. If Calgary draft 11th-12th then we get their pick no matter what. This is what is important.
Not at all, it only matters if CGY's pick is top10.

you are correct, I was thinking about the 1st OA protection that's also built in. So if the Flames pick is top 11 then it doesn't matter we will get the Flames pick but their are additional conditions as well.

Can you imagine the chaos if Hughes trades for that FLA first in 25? Maybe something like Savard 50% for that pick? Then they are forced to give the 26 one to CGY anf we get CGYs top 1 protected first haha. I hope Hughes is considering the idea

You clearly misread the conditions attached to the trade AND the Tkachuk one.

They can't trade that pick.

why not, as far as I know you can trade conditional picks in the NHL. I know they made some changes to the conditions like it can't be based a player re-signing or not anymore.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
you are correct, I was thinking about the 1st OA protection that's also built in. So if the Flames pick is top 11 then it doesn't matter we will get the Flames pick but their are additional conditions as well.

why not, as far as I know you can trade conditional picks in the NHL. I know they made some changes to the conditions like it can't be based a player re-signing or not anymore.
Because they traded it already to the flames, best they can do trade the 26 pick with matching conditions. They can't trade the 25 pick again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad