GDT: Flames @ Leafs | 3.21.16 | 7:30 on TSN4 | Clash of Tanks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Problem I see with most teams with gifted playmakers; when they get these PP's, they over rely on them way too much. JG creates a lot of chances but the entire PP is reliant on him way too much.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Problem I see with most teams with gifted playmakers; when they get these PP's, they over rely on them way too much. JG creates a lot of chances but the entire PP is reliant on him way too much.

i agree with this. for the most part the most successful pp is the ones that shoot and get pucks on the net. not just cycle... pass. cycle cross crease and then rinse repeat

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
He finally decides to play good, and the timing couldn't be worse.

The other way around would "feel" better for the tank. Good goaltending keeps our team around 25th place, and then a Bernier collapse at the end gets us a top pick.

But logically, it doesn't matter what order Bernier is good/bad in.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
i agree with this. for the most part the most successful pp is the ones that shoot and get pucks on the net. not just cycle... pass. cycle cross crease and then rinse repeat

Exactly. I mean, those guys are usually part of those good PP's but most of them I see in the league carry an entire PP rather than the entire unit being good.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I wish Bernier all the best, and I'm glad for his sake. But I'd rather not get a hit on our future assets because of guys that are not part of our future.

me either.
like. be good in October. not right now ::seething::

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I hate the Tkachuk projection...I get it he's big...all I see from highlight reels is him in front of the net knocking in 2 ft rebounds or getting a nice pass from someone else. I don't see any real skill with this dude.

Tkachuk is a legit "real" power forward, with lots of skill & a scoring touch just like his dad. He plays tough & with an edge like his old man as well. Can he fight like his father?

He's pretty well the exact kind of player some of us are referencing that the Leafs need. Having said that, I wouldn't pick him in the top 5. Six, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad