Rumor: Flames expected to fetch a 2nd round pick at minimum for G Dan Vladar

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Not really. Lots of crap teams have lots of bottom six types. It's the lack of core players they have to suffer through because they aren't getting the high picks rebuilding teams need to build around.
What crap teams are you referring to that never rebuilt?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Husso with better stats went for a 3rd. Ditto for Nedeljkovic a year earlier. Vladar will get at best a 3rd round pick.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Read my post again. That's not where I went with my response.
No shit teams put their first rounders in the top six because they have no one ahead of them

Pelletier, coronato, and zary are not interchangeable bottom Sixers on a lottery team. Hell if backlund is gone I'm happy with that third line.

So again, give an example

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Is he as good as Adin Hill?
Aiden Hill was trade for Josef Korenar who is no longer in the NHL. So yes using that logic becasue Vladar is better than Korenar in the Czech ranks.

Joke aside, I do think he's better than his .899 save percentage and will be a starter somewhere eventually.

Reactions: PullHard

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
No shit teams put their first rounders in the top six because they have no one ahead of them

Pelletier, coronato, and zary are not interchangeable bottom Sixers on a lottery team. Hell if backlund is gone I'm happy with that third line.

So again, give an example
We can go all night - read my post again.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
We can go all night - read my post again.
"Not really. Lots of crap teams have lots of bottom six types. It's the lack of core players they have to suffer through because they aren't getting the high picks rebuilding teams need to build around."

What wisdom should I be divining from this haha

The whole conservation started by you saying teams without rebuilding have good depth. Like wtf are you talking about.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
With how saturated the goalie market it, the only two available guys that hold any real value are Vejmelka and Hellebuyck. Nobody is giving up a 2nd for Vladar.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
I feel like the performances of goalies in this past playoffs will only push goalie value down. Why spend draft capital or huge cap space on a goalie when you can just pluck a guy like Adin Hill off the street and win the cup?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
So Vladar can get a second but people think it’s crazy that Ullmark could get a first?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Arizona I think is the most likely.

I mean, lots of goalies are expected to be shopped and signed. Adin Hill, Laurent Brossoit, Connor Hellebuyck, John Gibson, those are the most notable ones unless I'm forgetting someone.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Wasn’t vlad and wolf the future of Calgary or was it just wolf?
Wolf has been the future and has rocked the lower leagues but no guarantee he hits in the NHL. I’m guessing the preference would be keep Vladar and trade Markstrom but I can’t see anyone wanting him right now.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I feel like the performances of goalies in this past playoffs will only push goalie value down. Why spend draft capital or huge cap space on a goalie when you can just pluck a guy like Adin Hill off the street and win the cup?
How often has that happened?

Team got eliminated for not having a legit goalie all the time.

Not saying Vladar is legit though. The jury is still out on him. He had his chance with Markstrom played like shit but fumbled it.

Ledge And Dairy

I have. He played well against the Penguins earlier in the year. Still not worth a 2nd.

Georgiev returned a couple middle-round picks.
Georgiev's SV% in 21/22 was .037% less than his fellow defenders. Vladar's was .003% higher. Now obviously Markstrom didn't have a vezina caliber year but Calgary had some of the lowest SA on average league wide, the actual quality of the shots that got through were definitely higher on average than most teams

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
From the Sens, I'd offer Oskar Pettersson (8th pick of the 3rd round last year) and Tampa's 4th rounder next year for Vladar.

Wouldn't pay a 2nd though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad