Rumor: Flames expected to fetch a 2nd round pick at minimum for G Dan Vladar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
All I was saying was that a player-for-pick trade is unusual for the Flames. They could try to trade him for another player and that seems to be closer to what ownership is comfortable with.

We have an abundance of depth players.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ya I don’t see it. I remember insiders saying monahan had positive value and then low and behold he didn’t (not saying he has negative value but he’s not worth a second imo).

Never say never however.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Bond

May 10, 2012
Ya I don’t see it. I remember insiders saying monahan had positive value and then low and behold he didn’t (not saying he has negative value but he’s not worth a second imo).

Never say never however.
That was the trade deadline before he broke down and got shut down for the season right before to be fair. I could have seen a team taking a flyer on Monahan if he was healthy at the trade deadline and the Flames taking some cap back. Probably would have been for future considerations or a 5th or something.
Remember, Retto Berra got a second lol. All it takes is one GM to think the guy is a legit starter

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
He costed a 3rd from the bruins so 2nd isn't that far fetched considering he has 2 years at around 2m

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hard to see him as really worth that. But there are enough teams in need of a solid, reliable backup that maybe it happens. One of those things where i'm not sure a team will prioritize a backup goaltender that much though. Especially with the way new goaltenders pop up and come and go all the time these days. And it's hard to see anyone thinking he's the solution as even a real "tandem" guy.

Easier to move than Markstrom obviously. But a 2nd does seem more like the initial "ask" rather than the likely final price. But i guess we'll see if there's someone out there who likes Vladar a lot more than i'd expect.

Cubs2024wildcard

Caleb Williams is a bust
Apr 29, 2015
There has to be something in the water in Calgary as to why people think their mid players are suddenly worth alot more then they actually are.

Maybe the water is why everyone wants to leave?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
We have an abundance of depth players.
One of the results of going decades without a proper rebuild.

I'd be thrilled to get a 2nd round pick for Darth, but just don't see it happening.

I'll believe a rebuild when I see it. Conroy may want to start a renewal process but will the owners go along? They have to fleece the taxpayers for a new arena after all.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hope he gets traded and gets a better chance to play. Sutter destroyed his goalies last year IMO. Also, he put up better numbers than Markstrom this season... And markstrom was a vezina nominee the year prior. I think he's every bit as good as vanecek and Vlejmelka... Just needs a team. Ftr... Would love him on my oilers in a tandem with Skinner after a Campbell buyout. Give them both 41 starts.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Don’t think anyone’s saying they won’t get a 2nd for him. Most people would probably say that’s on the high end in this market though.

There’s just too many goaltenders available. Think a 3rd is safe to say, but a 2nd wouldn’t be surprising. Anything more probably would be.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
It's either trade him or Markstrom
Yes but why would you keep Markstrom who had a worse SV% and higher GAA at 3 times the cost ? This is a No Brainer , wash Markstrom for a bucket of pucks and a cooler of sports drink and platoon Vlady and Wolf freeing up 3m in cap in the process . Vlady was a much better goalie that got stuck in when the team was already upside down in a game and gambling to try and get back in .

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

How does that make any sense. Teams without rebuilds usually have shit depth.

We'll likely have several young first rounders in the bottom 9
Yes but why would you keep Markstrom who had a worse SV% and higher GAA at 3 times the cost ? This is a No Brainer , wash Markstrom for a bucket of pucks and a cooler of sports drink and platoon Vlady and Wolf freeing up 3m in cap in the process . Vlady was a much better goalie that got stuck in when the team was already upside down in a game and gambling to try and get back in .
Because no one thinks vladdy is better

Bond

May 10, 2012

I'll believe a rebuild when I see it. Conroy may want to start a renewal process but will the owners go along? They have to fleece the taxpayers for a new arena after all.
Lindholm walks and they rebuild finally. He re-signs and they re-tool

Not seeing it. Maybe a late 3rd or 4th+7th.

or could be part of a pick flip.
Lol I gave up on guessing goalie values after Berra got a second.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
"At a minimum..." Yeah, okay....If anything that's the maximum someone will pay for him. I won't say it impossible I guess, but hard time seeing it.

Flames fans are talking him up...sounds like someonen they should keep in a rebuild being only 25 years old.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Bond

May 10, 2012
"At a minimum..." Yeah, okay....If anything that's the maximum someone will pay for him. I won't say it impossible I guess, but hard time seeing it.

Flames fans are talking him up...sounds like someonen they should keep in a rebuild being only 25 years old.
I'd prefer if they dump Markstrom if they go full rebuild but that isn't happnening. Wolf needs time in the NHL too see if his AHL success translates to the NHL

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
How does that make any sense. Teams without rebuilds usually have shit depth.
Not really. Lots of crap teams have lots of bottom six types. It's the lack of core players they have to suffer through because they aren't getting the high picks rebuilding teams need to build around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad