Rumor: Flames expected to fetch a 2nd round pick at minimum for G Dan Vladar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I have. He played well against the Penguins earlier in the year. Still not worth a 2nd.

Georgiev returned a couple middle-round picks.
Georgiev was a pending RFA with arb rights and wasn't signed to a cheap contract for the next two years either. So why would it be surprising if a signed Vladar got a 2nd when Georgiev landed two 3rds and a 5th?

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Husso with better stats went for a 3rd. Ditto for Nedeljkovic a year earlier. Vladar will get at best a 3rd round pick.
Husso didn't go for a 3rd. The rights to talk to husso went for a 3rd. Him being a unrestricted free agent insteadnof under contract makes that far different.

But a 2nd still seems silly considering they got him for a 3rd 2 years ago and he now has less remaining control and hasn't emerged so his value should be lower than then, not higher.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Yes but why would you keep Markstrom who had a worse SV% and higher GAA at 3 times the cost ? This is a No Brainer , wash Markstrom for a bucket of pucks and a cooler of sports drink and platoon Vlady and Wolf freeing up 3m in cap in the process . Vlady was a much better goalie that got stuck in when the team was already upside down in a game and gambling to try and get back in .
Because GAA and SV% are team stats.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If Vlad is worth a 2nd then Ullie is worth 4 1rsts
I think Ullmark shouldn't be traded. It seems a bit crazy to me that the Bruins have him on the market. In a bad year he's above average and in a good year elite. Why would a team trade a goalie like that?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
They’d be lucky to get a 2nd. I’m guessing a 4th or 5th is more likely. Especially because teams know the Flames need to make room for Wolf.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad