Speculation: Flames complete fire sale coming?

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The team is all but officially out of the playoffs now, and has proven they aren't winning with this core.

Are value contract players like Lindholm, Toffoli or Backlund gone tomorrow? I can't imagine our management group can keep their head buried in the sand any longer and think everything is fine.

Could we see Huberdeau gone? He needs a change, he doesn't care at all.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
The team is all but officially out of the playoffs now, and has proven they aren't winning with this core.

Are value contract players like Lindholm, Toffoli or Backlund gone tomorrow? I can't imagine our management group can keep their head buried in the sand any longer and think everything is fine.

There is not a team out there that will touch that Huberdeau contract....you are stuck with him.....but I do agree the wise thing would be for you guys to sell.....you are going nowhere with this bunch.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023

These 3 could bring back so much

Any contender would be better with one of them, especially Backlund. Lindholm has looked off this year, but he can be a good finisher with the right play maker.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Lindholm, Backlund, Toffoli, Hanifin, Zadorov and Tanev. Pack your bags, go chase your Stanley Cup elsewhere.
Eat 50% of most of these contracts, and you get all these players around $2.5 million or less.
Get it done GMBT.
Time to rebuild.
I'd have time for most of those players on the Oilers. What's the ask for Tanev at 50%?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Pretty sure Sutter's just lost the room. That roster is incredibly talented and while they have some older players, a lot of important pieces are 29 or younger. I think it's probably 2 more years before they call it.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
they'll try to trade lucic, fail and then fire sutter in the offseason. if they are lined up to miss again next year though you'll see everyone go

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
they'll try to trade lucic, fail and then fire sutter in the offseason. if they are lined up to miss again next year though you'll see everyone go
Lucic's contract expires this season, not sure why moving him would matter unless they are clearing cap space to make a big trade in their push for the playoffs.

Reactions: viper0220

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad