Speculation: Fix Canucks Right Side- Extra 3mil Cap Space if Hamonic opts out/retires

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Hamonic being labelled an "anti-vaxxer" is probably the most moronic thing ive read in a while.

As a few mentioned, if anything Hamonic doesnt want to play because the league is allowing for unvaxxed players to play.

Hamonic is family first and has an immune compromised kid at home.
It’s quite sad. Canucks board had a thread closed by a mod because it’s all speculation yet 80% of them just assumed anti vaxxer. He’s their own player but they know nothing about him. His social media history alone shows he would be one of the last people to be an anti vaxxer

Reactions: bernmeister

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It’s quite sad. Canucks board had a thread closed by a mod because it’s all speculation yet 80% of them just assumed anti vaxxer. He’s their own player but they know nothing about him. His social media history alone shows he would be one of the last people to be an anti vaxxer
That's quite the hot take on what was happening in that thread :laugh:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Go read it and see for yourself. I think one or two people in 3 pages said anything about how it might not be about him being an anti vaxxer lmao
Discussion around media stating some speculation and then got temporarily closed because it was just going off topic.

But to stay on topic, You can't fix that defensive tire fire over night. Even with an extra $3 million in cap space. C'mon down Demers!

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Maybe sign this guy:

1210041-luca-sbisa-darryl-dyck-cp.jpg;w=620

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
If he retires, Id do Demers 1x$1.5M then the canucks would have $17.5M to $18.5M to lock up Petey and Hughes.

Aug 10, 2015
I know Shane Wright is listed as a Center, but maybe he could play RD for the Canucks? Guess that wouldn't help you until next year though.

Reactions: Peen

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Even if a person is vaccinated it doesn't stop them from spreading the virus to others. It greatly reduces the chances but it doesn't eliminate them.

I am really happy about the way Benning spoke about this to the media. Felt like he really protected the person that is Travis Hamonic.

Hockey isn't everything and it's admirable to see someone possibly giving his own dream and a ton of money for the sake of his family.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the Canucks shouldn't worry about it and use what they got, such as Woo, if not Woo probably Bowey. If they're going for playoffs trade for Shattenkirk.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think the Canucks shouldn't worry about it and use what they got, such as Woo, if not Woo probably Bowey. If they're going for playoffs trade for Shattenkirk.

Dont think they will do any knee jerk trades right away either.

I think they will look at the waiver wire once the season starts.

If they are contending around Christmas for a playoff spot then I definitely think they make a big splash for a trade. They have cap room, even after they sign Hughes and Pettersson.

Aug 10, 2015
Dont think they will do any knee jerk trades right away either.

I think they will look at the waiver wire once the season starts.

If they are contending around Christmas for a playoff spot then I definitely think they make a big splash for a trade. They have cap room, even after they sign Hughes and Pettersson.

How do you know how much cap room they will have when I doubt Benning, Hughes or Pettersson know what they will ultimately sign for? What a bizarre statement.

TurboLemon

Mar 11, 2013
The GM's are dumb and boring AF. Someone offersheet Pettersson already. How often will you get an opportunity like this again.

Offer him $10M AAV with term, Canucks need to re-sign him and Hughes, good luck.

Pettersson is worth the compensation if you're a good/very good team. 4 late 1st for him and you don't have to gut your prospect pool.

Come on Drury, you lil bitch.

We need to market to a dinosaur. Does Burke, Lowe or Chia have any high level decision making power with any organization? 4 unprotected 1sts. Hopefully we continue our homerun streak or at least pull off Boston's draft luck instead of Edmonton's.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
If he retires, Id do Demers 1x$1.5M then the canucks would have $17.5M to $18.5M to lock up Petey and Hughes.

Didn't he reject Vancouver in the past?

Then again.. he's desperate now.. might sign anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad