Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
look at the PIM's HAHAHAHAHA

If you want fun, look at things like various NHL teams in '91-92. Three of the top four of all time for PIMs in a season were that year (Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago) or '88-89 with three of the top ten (Chicago again, Pittsburgh, NJ).

Or sort this and realize the top three were all on the same line and all scored 20 goals - Rochester Americans at eliteprospects.com

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If you want fun, look at things like various NHL teams in '91-92. Three of the top four of all time for PIMs in a season were that year (Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago) or '88-89 with three of the top ten (Chicago again, Pittsburgh, NJ).

Or sort this and realize the top three were all on the same line and all scored 20 goals - Rochester Americans at eliteprospects.com
going to 1 of those games must have been crazy,
we just don't see anything like that anymore

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Toxic masculinity is a myth and should stop being used in the continued attempts to demonize masculinity as some sort of abnormal trait and is inherently evil. Masculinity is healthy, displays strength of character, assertive. conducive to productivity, caring and loving.

It's the behavior that is toxic which can also be present with women displaying awful behavior. But it is never described as "toxic femininity".

The 5 men charged and what they are being accused is shameful, awful and criminal behavior that good human beings don't display. It has zero to do with masculinity.
Im not even sure what really qualifies as masculinity. It seems it changes and can mean anything based on what point peopel are trying to make as the definition seems to have a wide range.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Electrician

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
idk saying his comments basically saying "Thank God I didn't get the chance to be complicit" doesnt really point to him having an understanding of the gravity of what occured to the victim (only suggests an understanding of the perpetrators and what they're facing). Should have kept his mouth shut
His comments dont say that. That is a horrible spin. He means hes lucky hes not there because he doesnt have to be in position speculating if he was one of the people in the room etc. He has rock solid alibi no matter what. Wasnt the best choice of words but no need to try and twist his words into some weird stretch to be offended by.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Good example of toxic masculinity right here. Someone digs down the courage to speak out against nonsense and is told "don't be so fragile"
The guy dug down and had the courage to say "toxic masulinity doesn't exist"

Then went on to show everyone that he thinks people are saying all masculinity is toxic when they say toxic masculinity.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Y'all always say this as if posting feelings about it on the internet is going to change the fact that there's going to be a trial and a result will be had.

Unless you've never changed your mind after things are presented or acknowledged you were/are wrong, there's literally no point in saying what you're saying. You're allowed to feel a way based on what we already know.

Like, are you also going on trade threads and telling people not to have any opinions on the trade and who won because "the trade hasn't played out on the ice yet"? Honestly these things are confounding to me.

I am saying what I am saying because a civilized society is supposed to be built among other things on the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty. These aren't radical viewpoints.

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
Really sad we've hit the "toxic masculinity is a myth" stage of this conversation and some take the notion of it as some imaginary war on men.
When masculinity continues to be perpetuated by those who want to turn a lie into a truth that masculinity is evil...I will continue to speak up about how wrong that is.

• Haha
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
When masculinity continues to be perpetuated by those who want to turn a lie into a truth that masculinity is evil...I will continue to speak up about how wrong that is.
Yes, traditional strong men are demonized completely in this society

Look at the Rock, Jason Mamoa, and John Cena.

None of those men display traits of toxic masulinity.

Reactions: Atoyot

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
People arguing about their favorite political hobby horse is why these threads get closed.
<sees last page everyone debating "toxic masculinity" ?>
1707251449694.png

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Good man 👍

Sorry if that was too toxic for anyone to read. I'll stop.

Reactions: RR44

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Toxic masculinity is a myth and should stop being used in the continued attempts to demonize masculinity as some sort of abnormal trait and is inherently evil. Masculinity is healthy, displays strength of character, assertive. conducive to productivity, caring and loving.

It's the behavior that is toxic which can also be present with women displaying awful behavior. But it is never described as "toxic femininity".

The 5 men charged and what they are being accused is shameful, awful and criminal behavior that good human beings don't display. It has zero to do with masculinity.

What I think term "toxic masculinity" means, is that the society (as a whole, or in certain pockets of it) has certain expectations and standards for male behaviour that are at closer examination are harmful to others and society and general. Examples: aggression, violence, control and dominance. There is no term for toxic femininity, because there are no such negative societal pressures for female behaviour.

Now, there are men and women that do bad things, but the term applies not to individual behaviour, but to society's standards/stereotypes/pressures.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY

You're really just telling on yourself with this type of statement. Equating "toxic masculinity" with "masculinity is inherently evil" just means you can't conceive of masculinity without the specific aspects of it that the phrase "toxic masculinity" is generally used to refer to. You're the one who believes that masculinity intrinsically encompasses traits society has judged to be negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad