OT: Fitness and Nutrition XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
@Lafleurs Guy I just finished a Phanang. Pretty good. It's like Khao Soi but without the pickles and crispy noodles.

Thailand is a pretty vast country with diverse offering and the monsoon doesn't hit the same every where at the same time. So far I've only gotten bad weather in Krabi and I've stayed here 3 days. It rains 15 minutes and then it's sunny 1 hour.

A 12h layover with activities beats a 3 hour one in my book but to each their own. Plus it allows you to ease into the time zone much better.

This is also the only time I could take 3 weeks off and my girlfriend too and I wanted to train Muay thai a bit.
Having experienced unseasonal monsoons, hurricanes, typhoons and flash -floods, the adage ''once bitten twice shy '' rings true for my holiday plans. Nothing worse than having to be evacuated while having no electricity or water. These type destinations are typically already oppressive with the high heat and humidity and experiencing without air-conditioning and what-not compounds the misery. Call it shit luck but if I get that during the so called ''safe'' season, no way am I risking it during the recommended ''do not travel to '' season, know what I'm saying. I just don't see the urgency to go, Thailand and Thai boxing will always be there, even during the more palatable dry season. But as you mentioned, to each their own. Stay safe and happy travels!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Down 25 pounds. Up to six chinups. Can now do dips without assistance. Sailed through the 165 test. Nice to see progress.

Had my day all planned out and then... my daughter tonight baked a chocolate cake. Oh well. Program was fun while it lasted. :laugh:

Reactions: Mrb1p and rve24

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Question for the class:

I look at the calories in a Betty Crocker cake slice and it’s only 240 (without the icing.) Are they omitting the oil and eggs? Probably right?

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Took a shot to my right blade and the plastic holder broke and had to leave the game early. Never thought to bring an extra pair of skates but will from now on and just leave them in the trunk.:mad:

Question for the class:

I look at the calories in a Betty Crocker cake slice and it’s only 240 (without the icing.) Are they omitting the oil and eggs? Probably right?
Just check on the package box, all the nutritional information will be on something like this:

nutrition_en.9.full.jpg

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Is this like a cake mix, to which you add oil and eggs, or what is it?
Betty Crocker baby.
I'm guessing their "Slice" is the size of a post-it note.
Doesn’t matter. You can do the math to get the whole cake and then put in the size of your slice from there.

But yeah it’s 1/10 of the cake. Who only eats that?
Took a shot to my right blade and the plastic holder broke and had to leave the game early. Never thought to bring an extra pair of skates but will from now on and just leave them in the trunk.:mad:

Just check on the package box, all the nutritional information will be on something like this:

View attachment 909271
I looked at that. But I don’t know if it includes the additives like eggs and oil. I’m guessing it doesn’t.

Edit: Aha! Just noticed it shows mix and prepared. That’s the difference there. Thanks!

So it’s a 2800 calorie cake and that’s without icing. Makes a lot more sense.

Frosting is 1820 cals per cake. So in total it’s 4620 calories per cake. Which means I ate a billion calories yesterday.

Worth it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad