Prospect Info: First round pick #26 The environmentally friendly Liam Greentree

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Guys remember he’s a Kings prospect. Keep everything at low with your edging.

Wow I can’t believe he didn’t save Greentree’s soft back hand lol. Man hockey levels are crazy.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I haven't watched much of Greentree, but on a surface level he's seems like a similar prospect to Vilardi.

Big OHL forward with questions about skating. Both playmaking and goal scoring ability.

HockeyDB even has them listed as the exact same size and weight. 6ft3in 216lbs. Gabe played for the Spitfires as well.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I haven't watched much of Greentree, but on a surface level he's seems like a similar prospect to Vilardi.

Big OHL forward with questions about skating. Both playmaking and goal scoring ability.

HockeyDB even has them listed as the exact same size and weight. 6ft3in 216lbs. Gabe played for the Spitfires as well.
In my opinion, Vilardi was much more decisive - even though he skated slowly, he made up for it with how quickly he moved the puck. Vilardi had a much better release as well for his shot.

Greentree utilizes his size better to protect the puck and open the seams up and to separate the player from the puck.

This isn't even a knock on Greentree. Vilardi was ranked third overall by some publications. Vilardi was just further ahead at the same age.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

He skates way better than Villardi, who I just dropped from my fantasy roster for a couple dismal outings.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Greentree will have one ability that Vilardi didn't have... availability.

I don't mean that as a knock on Vilardi but Greentree presumably will be two to four years ahead on his "development curve" (for whatever that's worth) compared to Vilardi.
Who do you think could do the macarena better?

v4-460px-Do-the-Macarena-Step-16-Version-7.jpg.webp

v4-460px-Do-the-Macarena-Step-15-Version-8.jpg

v4-460px-Do-the-Macarena-Step-3-Version-8.jpg.webp

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Greentree on pace for 171 points in 67 games. While that's not going to happen most likely, you're seeing a guy produce in the O in his D+1 as if he was a top 5 pick, not a late 1st rounder. That's encouraging at the very least, even if you're the biggest skeptic when it comes to Kings prospects.

I would say many of us agree their actual PICKS are solid

It's how they handle them after that's arguably the worst in the world

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I would say many of us agree their actual PICKS are solid

It's how they handle them after that's arguably the worst in the world
Nailed it as always my friend. That’s why I’m cool with the scouting staff staying when they make us 6 pessimists a collective GM brain trust for the team.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Greentree on pace for 171 points in 67 games. While that's not going to happen most likely, you're seeing a guy produce in the O in his D+1 as if he was a top 5 pick, not a late 1st rounder. That's encouraging at the very least, even if you're the biggest skeptic when it comes to Kings prospects.
Sennecke 3OA, 7GP, 4G, 3A, 7PTS
Greentree 26OA, 9GP, 6G, 17A, 23PTS

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Sennecke 3OA, 7GP, 4G, 3A, 7PTS
Greentree 26OA, 9GP, 6G, 17A, 23PTS
I didn't wanna say it, but there it is.

To be fair, Sennecke is coming off an injury, but it's still incredible that Greentree is just boat racing him again, just as he did in their DY. Sennecke is a Vilardi type, whereas Greentree is a Robertson type. Obviously no certainty that Greentree reaches the same level of NHLer that Sennecke likely projects to be, but it's interesting to compare both right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad