Prospect Info: First round pick #26 The environmentally friendly Liam Greentree

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I am curious, how projectable is the skill here? It seems he can pass the lights out and can thread the eye of a needle. Honestly, I'm seeing this kid as the new Voracek, unless I'm nuts?

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Guys remember he’s a Kings prospect. Keep everything at low with your edging.

Wow I can’t believe he didn’t save Greentree’s soft back hand lol. Man hockey levels are crazy.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I haven't watched much of Greentree, but on a surface level he's seems like a similar prospect to Vilardi.

Big OHL forward with questions about skating. Both playmaking and goal scoring ability.

HockeyDB even has them listed as the exact same size and weight. 6ft3in 216lbs. Gabe played for the Spitfires as well.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I haven't watched much of Greentree, but on a surface level he's seems like a similar prospect to Vilardi.

Big OHL forward with questions about skating. Both playmaking and goal scoring ability.

HockeyDB even has them listed as the exact same size and weight. 6ft3in 216lbs. Gabe played for the Spitfires as well.
In my opinion, Vilardi was much more decisive - even though he skated slowly, he made up for it with how quickly he moved the puck. Vilardi had a much better release as well for his shot.

Greentree utilizes his size better to protect the puck and open the seams up and to separate the player from the puck.

This isn't even a knock on Greentree. Vilardi was ranked third overall by some publications. Vilardi was just further ahead at the same age.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

He skates way better than Villardi, who I just dropped from my fantasy roster for a couple dismal outings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad