First Round Grades

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks

Levshunov = B
Vanacker = C (Not fan of moving #34 + #50 to jump to #27 for him)
Boisvert = Abomination as was dumb trade that made it happen and ruined night

Hawks overall grade can't be measured because of the Boisvert pick which outside of Flyers passing on Buium was the most idiotic dumb choice by a GM at draft

Just absolutely awful mistake that cant be properly placed into context

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Hawks C

Levshunov = B
Vanacker = C (Not fan of moving #34 + #50 to jump to #27 for him)
Boisvert = Abomination as was dumb trade that made it happen and ruined night
You are kinder than I, I would give them a D+ as they traded their entire 2nd round for no reason whatsoever.

Levshunov B-
Boisvert and Vanacker MILBURY(or CHIARELLI if you want to go more modern)

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Sens:

Initially: C (Really did not want Yakemchuk)

As time as progressed I feel Yakemchuk probably isn't nearly as bad as I thought he was, so overall I'd give it a B. Just okay to above average 1st rounder.

Flames:

I'm high on Parekh, that's an A for me, but ngl I did want Helenius more.

IDK why we choose Grindan with our 2nd first rounder, C for me there. So overall like a B to B+.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Flyers: A+ or F. No in between. Smartest man in the room pick. A tenure defining pick

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Meh. I refuse to give grades since we really don't know anything more about how these players will progress, I thought it was silly in the past when my Habs got blasted for what seemed like bad choices that sometimes worked out, so I won't start patting my team on the back because they made choices that people agree with on draft day.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Edmonton at the bottom. Who the f*** trades a unknown first for the last pick in a previous draft?

Have they rehired Chiarelli back?
I have to agree it's a weird trade, and Edmonton has a lot of variability in their future performance - keeping in mind they were en route to missing the playoffs this season until the coaching change.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad