First Round Grades

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Flyers - F-

Traded down for a 3rd to miss Buium, then took Luchanko.
Traded a 1st for an unknown future 1st with no added sweetener (conditions still unknown, but still).

Seems wretched.
I like Luchanko, but it did seem kind of weird. Guess they aren't Buium fans?

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Flyers - F-

Traded down for a 3rd to miss Buium, then took Luchanko.
Traded a 1st for an unknown future 1st with no added sweetener (conditions still unknown, but still).

Seems wretched.
F- doesn't seem low enough. I give Briere's gormless crew an H-.

FFS, they don't have a #1D prospect. Buium fell to them in a friggin' miracle and Flahr didn't want him. Ok, so they're anti-Semitic, then take Connelly at 13, not Luchanko! (just kidding). Take Helenius or even Eiserman.

Seriously, solve your need for a minute-eating #1. Then at 32, they trade it for a late 20's at best pick in '25 or '26. We don't know the conditions.

I'm used the the Flyers' draft being a whole bunch of lunchbag letdown but this was really stupid.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I have to agree it's a weird trade, and Edmonton has a lot of variability in their future performance - keeping in mind they were en route to missing the playoffs this season until the coaching change.

Get that logic out of here.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Hawks:

F-

This draft was so terrible, If the Hawks draft well in 2025, it is still at the best a C- for how bad this one went.

Levshunov over Demidov/Buium/Llindstrom is a C+

Boisvert over anybody in the top 60 is a Z-

Vanacker is a good pick, but we got fleeced in a trade B-

Reactions: TheKingPin and ello

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ducks:

Hard to say because cause I know better than to doubt Martin Madden. If Sennecke's late season surge isn't a flash in the pan he could be a great pick. I was still underwhelmed with the pick but quite pleased with the trade up to get Solberg. If he pans out, he's exactly what Anaheim's future defense is lacking (they have Gudas now but he won't be around forever)

Sennecke C+
Solberg A-

Vegas/Connelly: I get he's talented but I really wonder if he's actually rehabbed his character issues. Picking someone with this kind of history is a let down. I was already not pleased with this year's capscapades by the team. This is another disappointment as a fan. C- I guess.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sharks A+
Canadians A
Wild A
Knights A-
Islanders B+

Ducks B
Love solberg, wish he was RHD but he’s a great addition to our D pool

Sennecke I like, but idk that I like him at 3… felt like we coulda traded down a little that being said…. The draft was so wide open that we prob didn’t want to take that risk

Reactions: coooldude

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Anaheim and Chicago had concerning hauls as a rival fan watching it go down.

Anaheim will be so hard to play against going forward and Sennecke and Solberg just add to the their identity.

Chicago took one of my favorite players in the entire draft in Vanacker and then Levshunov and Boisvert are awesome too.

Loved the Hage pick for Montreal.
LOVED the Parascak pick for Washington.

And I think Ottawa got a really good one in Yakemchuk. Not surprised he went #7 whatsoever.

Really fun draft night.

ZegrasOwnsYou

Jun 19, 2024
B+ for the Ducks.

Sennecke is a stud with a lot of raw potential to be molded but they surely could've traded down a few picks & got some assets while still picking Sennecke.

I like the Soldberg pick a lot. Ducks got a lot of offensive defenseman prospects so adding the presence of a physical defensive defenseman was needed. Only negative is he's a left shot which the Ducks already got a sleuth of.

Hopefully they make good on those early round picks tomorrow & pickup a right shot defenseman.

Reactions: MD93 and SmokeyDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad