First GM fired next season

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
For as much shit as Adams is getting, that guy has handled Buffalo's contract negotiations and cap structure incredibly well.

Dahlin/Tage/Cozens/Power/UPL all locked in for 5+ years at a combined $38.35M is f***ing insane. The cap will be damn near $110M by the time those deals are ending.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Vancouvers GM for sure, they are expecting another playoff spot but will likely end the season bottom 5, largely due to the boat anchor peterrsson contract
Even if Canucks miss playoffs I don't see Allvin being fired. He'd done a lot of positives so far, and the Canucks are in a position where if they do risk missing the playoffs next season, they can sell off pieces like Demko, Boeser, etc., recoup assets, draft well, and still do a very quick retool, especially with some promising prospects.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It's great seeing the Hawks still suck but it also sucks that them sucking means they get high picks. One can only hope they botch it as badly as the Oilers did in a stretch where they sucked and kept drafting poorly with high picks.
The real suck is to be bad while the Sharks own your first

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Vancouvers GM for sure, they are expecting another playoff spot but will likely end the season bottom 5, largely due to the boat anchor peterrsson contract
Man if you’re going to troll at least put some effort in and research the names you are using for troll ammo….google is your friend…

Reactions: LordBacon

Djenthallman

Jul 27, 2024
I’m just saying Chicago should be a lot more competitive this year and if they aren’t, I see no reason why they wouldn’t make a change.
You underestimate how awful their roster was in 23/24, it was basically an AHL team. They signed all those guys not to make the Blackhawks competitive next season, but to finally have actual NHL players on the team.

They'll be bad next season, just not comically bad. I'd be surprised if they finish higher than 25th in the standings.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I feel like GMs get fired for having a bad team for too long or spending a lot of the owners money and the team underperforming. Kyle Davidson could check both those boxes after Chicago was agressive in free agency.
Nope. No expectations still.

I’m just saying Chicago should be a lot more competitive this year and if they aren’t, I see no reason why they wouldn’t make a change.
They still aren’t even trying to be competitive. Just trying to develop young players and surround them with NHL vets.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm not sure any GMs are getting fired during the season but if I had to pick one probably Buffalo. Another off season of puzzling moves and they are no closer to a playoff spot then they were last season.
It will not be buffalo.

Out of the blue cotterill got fired and adams took over right before the 2020 draft.

He does what inherited coach wanted to do. Thry coach gets fired. They need to yrade out players and do a tebuild.

In a rebuild it's usually 4 full years and 4 drafts then you try to compete.

That's the point he is at now.

Hes more likely going into an administration role like team president and hire a new gm than get fired.

More likely m giring is a team that crashes during the season ( it's not due to star injuries) and the gm is on a short string like Detroit or LA

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It’s been a minute since a GM was fired mid season, but if it’s going to happen d go with McCrimmon.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The only reason I don’t think Blake will be fired is because it would make too much sense, and I’m starting to suspect that LA made a deal with the devil to win the cup in 2014. We’re doomed for the rest of eternity

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Unless the Kings stink out of the gate, Blake will keep his job through the season. Robitaille still needs Blake as a firewall to take the fall at the next round of bad news - so delaying his firing allows Luc to buy more time and hope for a miracle. In the meantime, he'll appoint Bergevin as GM (gag).

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If the Sabres don't make it then Adams has to be gone...he's been here for a while and we need to make progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad