Proposal: Fire sell Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Armia: Cap dump. Montreal will have to sweeten the pot with a pick.

Gallagher: Teams still likely value him. I could see Vancouver making a good offer to him to "change the culture" on the Canucks. Habs probably taking Tyler Myers back so Vancouver can fit him.

Petry: Terrible season, absolutely horrible, but he's a well respected RD that fits perfect as a second pair guy. Would get major offers and Montreal wouldn't have to take a cap dump back.

Toffoli: He isn't on fire like last season but he also isn't terrible stat wise. Would get a pretty good offer. No cap dump in return. Easily get a first.

Hoffman: Injuries, you just signed him, might be tough to move and get value back. Teams will want to get him at a discount.

Chariot: 2nd round pick probably. Good deadline deal.

Lekhonen: Never met his potential, still an RFA, makes too much, Montreal would probably be eating 50% in a deadline trade. Maybe a 3rd or 4th if lucky.

Dvorak: Only 25, signed for a few more years, could see him thrive on a team like the Blues or Sharks. Maybe Bonino and a pick?

Price: He plays a few games, still looks great, someone will pay a great price for him. I know 99% of HFBoards people won't, but 0% of them are NHL GM's and the hockey world still respects Carey regardless of price tag. Several teams would make big offers to get him if he's available, though the cap hit would likely make adding a third team to the deal necessary just to make space. I'm thinking Price to the Avalanche in the summer when they have the money available, maybe a stash of picks and prospects including Justin Barron, with more if the Habs retain.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
it would be a huge error to trade toffoli or hoffman without their wanting a move . your ability to lure future free agents will take a serious kick in the n.../ start with chariot and kulak at 50 % retained. next year drouin and byron at 50 % . settle the nashville situation with weber . anyone wishing to go to a contender accommodate them . save all cap space for two years for huberdeau (ufa), and offer sheet bouchard

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Edmonton would be interested in a defenseman (Chiarot, maybe Petry) as soon as Montreal was willing to pull the chute, although I don't think that is imminent.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Bergevin won't have the chance to make a fire sale. He just hired a bunch of players and coaching staff. He will be replaced before any significant move

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Chiarot to Edmonton for a 2nd and Tyler Benson?
What's preventing Benson from having success in the NHL? Oilers don't really have quality depth and it doesn't seem like he can find a way to really contribute or move up the line up. At the same time, it seems like he's done with the AHL.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Armia: Cap dump. Montreal will have to sweeten the pot with a pick.

Gallagher: Teams still likely value him. I could see Vancouver making a good offer to him to "change the culture" on the Canucks. Habs probably taking Tyler Myers back so Vancouver can fit him.

Petry: Terrible season, absolutely horrible, but he's a well respected RD that fits perfect as a second pair guy. Would get major offers and Montreal wouldn't have to take a cap dump back.

Toffoli: He isn't on fire like last season but he also isn't terrible stat wise. Would get a pretty good offer. No cap dump in return. Easily get a first.

Hoffman: Injuries, you just signed him, might be tough to move and get value back. Teams will want to get him at a discount.

Chariot: 2nd round pick probably. Good deadline deal.

Lekhonen: Never met his potential, still an RFA, makes too much, Montreal would probably be eating 50% in a deadline trade. Maybe a 3rd or 4th if lucky.

Dvorak: Only 25, signed for a few more years, could see him thrive on a team like the Blues or Sharks. Maybe Bonino and a pick?

Price: He plays a few games, still looks great, someone will pay a great price for him. I know 99% of HFBoards people won't, but 0% of them are NHL GM's and the hockey world still respects Carey regardless of price tag. Several teams would make big offers to get him if he's available, though the cap hit would likely make adding a third team to the deal necessary just to make space. I'm thinking Price to the Avalanche in the summer when they have the money available, maybe a stash of picks and prospects including Justin Barron, with more if the Habs retain.
I think we could retain 1M or so on Armia's contract and make him attractive to contenders. He was very good in the playoffs for us last year. Scored some really big goals, big body, strong defensively.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What's preventing Benson from having success in the NHL? Oilers don't really have quality depth and it doesn't seem like he can find a way to really contribute or move up the line up. At the same time, it seems like he's done with the AHL.
Benson is behind Hyman, RNH and Foegele on the left side and still learning to be a NHL regular.
He was a top 6 or bust player up until now but has just adjusted his game and is polishing bottom 6 grinder/pest role to stay an NHLer.

Foot speed is his biggest issue at this level.

As for an offer that helps both clubs:

EDM 1st + Lavoie + cap
for
Chiarot + Lehkonen (retention to make cap work for Oil)

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Benson is behind Hyman, RNH and Foegele on the left side and still learning to be a NHL regular.
He was a top 6 or bust player up until now but has just adjusted his game and is polishing bottom 6 grinder/pest role to stay an NHLer.

EDM 1st + Lavoie + cap
for
Not a bad offer, certainly prefer Lavoie to Benson even tho I'm not his biggest fan.
I'm intrigued about that Petrov kid too, guy looks like he's killing it in junior this year.
Cap would need to be for this season only tho.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

EDM 1st + Lavoie + cap
for
I would entertain that from a Habs perspective so long as the "cap" from Edmonton is no more than 1 year.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Gallagher, Chiarot, and Weber (LTIR).

For

Yamamoto, Koekkoek (contract dump),Samorukov, and a 1st.

Oilers upgrade 2nd line and defence, Habs replace Gallagher with a younger version of himself, get a potential stud in Samorukov, and a first.

Reactions: A Loyal Demidog

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
W

what are the Habs offering to get rid of about half of those bad contracts?
Bad contracts? Apart from price and what will become Gallagher I disagree. Chiarot and leks end this year. Armia for under 4 million as a versatile mid six winger in his twenties? Hoffman, toffoli…. 20-30 goal scoring wingers for 4 million and only a couple more years….Dvorak is still on a great contract and solid on the dot. Playing injured on a tire fire team with a new system that seems to work for nobody…. There is plenty of value on that list for winning teams who want to bolster their rosters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad