Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I would have bet a million bucks it was under 5 million a year and have been just as right haha. 😆

Now I feel the contract is a bit light for Portillo but I will give Blake credit as that is a good team contract.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Nice deal. It obviously shows a clear intent to move him to be on the main roster in 25/26 but if he falters it can be buried in the minors.

Reactions: funky

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Not sure where he pulled that number from, his speculative stuff is all over the place, but credit to him for being the only person who covers this team to scoop the news of Portillo signing a 3-year deal.
Quite. He was ahead of everyone. So the source got the AAv wrong (didn’t have specifics or it was a miscommunication), which doesn’t feel much like fail.

On a side note I’m now done with X (again), as it seems like my account which I recently recreated has been deleted. POS.

Reactions: King'sPawn

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Quite. He was ahead of everyone. So the source got the AAv wrong (didn’t have specifics or it was a miscommunication), which doesn’t feel much like fail.

On a side note I’m now done with X (again), as it seems like my account which I recently recreated has been deleted. POS.
Not sure where he pulled that number from, his speculative stuff is all over the place, but credit to him for being the only person who covers this team to scoop the news of Portillo signing a 3-year deal.
If I may...

It's a lot easier to get a story right when the details of the story are already decided and you're just beating the public announcement.

It's much harder to predict something that hasn't actually happened yet.

Telling you when a building will open, when a number will change or that a contract signing will be announced within 24 hours isn't really "nailing" anything. It's having been told something that's already been decided.

Predicting that a trade will happen 5 months from now or that a player will develop into a star or wear a letter is.... much harder.

The key is modulating your tone so that people know the difference between your predictions and don't alter their expectations for everything you say.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
Wow jumped on today to what's going on and my goodness all of this about the Mayor. I read or listen to him like alot others, just like I do with all the other people who cover the Kings, i just find it better to listen and enjoy and take things with a grain of salt and know who's saying it.
We all know that all of them come at it differently, some have agendas, some have close ties with the team, some work for the team.
I for one am glad we have different avenues to listen and read about our favorite team.
I think we can all read through the bs or the ego some might have and we have the choice to either tune out or turn off those who we don't like or irritate us.
The mayors head must be swelling like a pumpkin with all this talk about him lol

• Haha
Reactions: Statto

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

Kings give Mayor a range that they want him to guess high on and then they look much better when real contract comes out lower.

It is also smart for Portillo because he is not guaranteed to make it in the NHL but the contract gives him a 3 year window and he gets 2.35 M.

Some you guys weird.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Back to Portillo. Saw him in person about five times in Ontario including the playoffs and twice in Henderson. Dudes is legit.

Carter might be a close second but Ports has the size of a NHL goalie.

Kuemper is pretty old.

Littler tweaks or worse could happen with him or Rittich, who is younger.

Copley is down in Ontario too, probably.

I guess if Portillo is out playing him. I would hope he gets the call up.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Randy Holt
Dave Hutchison
Nice avatar.
img-2521628-f.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

This shit is such a joke at this point. What has Kaliyev done to deserve quite possibly the worst mishandling of a young talent I’ve ever seen in recent history.

If any of the Kings journalists have an ounce of credibility they should report what the real issue is with Kaliyev than keeping this disgusting mismanagement a secret.
no chance Kaliyev returns a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad