Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
If this organization was really committed to winning they would have gotten rid of Luc and Blake but that isn't going to happen. More of the same as long as these two are running the show.
Unfortunately if they make do make changes, it will be only Blake, Luc will just say he lets Tob do all the Hockey decisions as he is overseeing the rest of hockey ops. No way he doesn't throw Blake under the bus to save his job. He will then install Bergevin. It's really to bad that ownership is so blind and has no clue since , well actually Leiweke left that they need an actual hockey builder, who's done it before as president ( like Lombardi) running the show all the way down the line.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The levels of summertime darkness have peaked here.

That’s enough internet for the day, methinks.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
The Kings team is like a buddy of mine that was married to a smart amazingly beautiful woman. This woman gave him two awesome children but then got hit by a bus.

Then he started dating his old girlfriend from when he used to do a lot of coke , but wasn’t doing much of anything with his life; no matter how many cool things happened here and there.

I’m all for seeing him and the Kings just tear things down and try and start over without the two coke whores from the 80’s and 90’s they both used to bang.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
What i’d like to see as i think this gives us the deepest lineup and chance at most success . Turc was drafted 5th overall for a reason and he would benefit playing with skilled players who complement his skillset and role .

Kaliyev is a pure shooter and sniper and has never been given the opportunity to succeed in a top 6 role and who better to play the playmaker to our most gifted sniper than our best passer and most creative player in Fiala .

Foegele is a 2 way winger who plays a gritty forechecking game and would fit in perfectly with Danault and Moore who also play the same way and are defensively sound . Not only can they shutdown the other teams top lines but also chip in offensively on any given night . Oh and he also might just be faster than Kempe .

Thomas and Laffy are great young players who will continue to develop into great core players for us and Jeanott will not only protect them but complement them and create space to find their own success offensively.

We can run 4 deep lines this way and if it clicks Watch Out NHL !

Turc-Kopi-Kempe

Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev

Moore-Danault-Foegele

Jeanott-Thomas-Laffy

Lewis, Fagemo

Side note I wouldn’t mind seeing Jeanott and Turc swap places sometimes as i think Jeanott with his game and role will also create space for Kopi and Kempe and might bring some fear into other teams top players . Lucic seemed to work well with Kopi and Jeanott kind of plays the same way . I guess we shall see .

Cant wait for the season to start …. GO KINGS GO !!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
What i’d like to see as i think this gives us the deepest lineup and chance at most success . Turc was drafted 5th overall for a reason and he would benefit playing with skilled players who complement his skillset and role .

Kaliyev is a pure shooter and sniper and has never been given the opportunity to succeed in a top 6 role and who better to play the playmaker to our most gifted sniper than our best passer and most creative player in Fiala .

Foegele is a 2 way winger who plays a gritty forechecking game and would fit in perfectly with Danault and Moore who also play the same way and are defensively sound . Not only can they shutdown the other teams top lines but also chip in offensively on any given night . Oh and he also might just be faster than Kempe .

Thomas and Laffy are great young players who will continue to develop into great core players for us and Jeanott will not only protect them but complement them and create space to find their own success offensively.

Turc-Kopi-Kempe

Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev

Moore-Danault-Foegele

Jeanott-Thomas-Laffy

Lewis, Fagemo

Side note I wouldn’t mind seeing Jeanott and Turc swap places sometimes as i think Jeanott with his game and role will also create space for Kopi and Kempe and might bring some fear into other teams top players . Lucic seemed to work well with Kopi and Jeanott kind of plays the same way . I guess we shall see .

Whilst my expectations are very tempered I’m looking forward to this season more than last. Turcotte, Clarke, Byfield and Thomas are the guys I think can take a step and that is exciting whilst the roster is more balanced. I think they will be more interesting and fun to watch, even if I’m not sure how well that will translate into results.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
That is pretty ****ing wild to turn the old smoking patio into a premium seating area and seemingly remove the seats and the wall across from it so it opens up to the arena.

Will be interesting with all these stupid early start times this year to see how that impacts the view. Opposing goalies would be looking that way twice a period while I will need to figure out if I have to wear sunglasses now up in 306.

Miss the old smoking patio. Never smoked a cigarette in my life but loved going out there between periods. The cheesesteak they used to sell up there was also the best thing in the arena.

Not sure if it is a function of getting old when I say the in-game experience used to be better, but the in-game experience used to be better.
The in-game experience has been shit for a long time.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I’ve been to two games in 3 years. I used to go to all 41 home games. Part of that is kids but it’s really more of the product. But they don’t care about catering to real fans.

You and me both, my friend. I usually check out the schedule and plan trips to see the Kings play in Detroit, Chicago, Columbus, St. Paul. This year it just doesn't seem worth it. I love Kopi but he's been the face of the franchise since I was still in college. When you sit back and realize just how long its been the Kopitar and Doughty show it's almost unbelievable. They aren't winning anything with this group so why bother?

I will eagerly look forward to the rebuild that hopefully begins next summer, but with this group, it's hard to not just check out. Sad because they accomplished so much, but damn it's the 2024-2025 season.

Last edited:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I’ll definitely be posting here once in a while after this win or that loss, but other than seeing the kids evolve I honestly don’t give a f*** because I know I’m gonna get 1-3 playoff wins in April.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Turc-Kopi-Kempe

Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev

Moore-Danault-Foegele

Jeanott-Thomas-Laffy

Lewis, Fagemo

I think QB and Fiala need a more defensive strong winger to help that line. I ear mark Foegele there for that reason. I remember a couple years ago I was excited about Iafallo with QB and Vialrdi for the same reason.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I think QB and Fiala need a more defensive strong winger to help that line. I ear mark Foegele there for that reason. I remember a couple years ago I was excited about Iafallo with QB and Vialrdi for the same reason.
The bigger reason is that Foegle is a straight ahead N/S winger constantly looking for stretch passes. No King will have more breakaways next year. You want that player stretching through the defense and opening up room for Fiala to dangle.

I have seen some listing Foegle next to Kopitar. There aren't any less compatible players on the roster - Anze has looked for what, maybe 2 stretch passes on his entire career and they were alley oops to Brown. Anze needs close support so that attrition can set in, he has never been a quick strike playmaker and certainly cannot be one now at this advanced age. Foegle struggles on a cycle game, his best attributes come on the rush.

Reactions: Statto and YP44

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Why is that? I used to have season tickets but have only attended a random game here and there over the past decade. I'm interested to know what has changed for the worse?
- Food options weren't the greatest but have declined in taste and value.
- Music sucks outside of Dieter.
- The "DJ".
- Lack of highlight packages of actual hockey.
- Pathetic Toyota Tundra Tough Hit of the Game (It is hard to find one).
- Crowd sucks and I'm part of it. Almost nothing to cheer for except a goal or a good save. Team is boring. Makes the Kings Crew seem even lamer when they try to get the crowd excited when they've been put to sleep already.
- "Fan since 2012 or '14" much more prominent. This is the brainwashed fanbase that learned hockey from the broadcasts and Kings twitter since then, i.e. "everything is fine".

There is a real lack of passion from the crowd but I do think that can turn around if the product on the ice starts to play with, dare I say, Pride/Passion/Power?

I'm not into that 18-40 or whatever demo anymore though: I'm sure young people that grew up with a certain brand of hockey think the whole thing is swell.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
- Food options weren't the greatest but have declined in taste and value.
- Music sucks outside of Dieter.
- The "DJ".
- Lack of highlight packages of actual hockey.
- Pathetic Toyota Tundra Tough Hit of the Game (It is hard to find one).
- Crowd sucks and I'm part of it. Almost nothing to cheer for except a goal or a good save. Team is boring. Makes the Kings Crew seem even lamer when they try to get the crowd excited when they've been put to sleep already.
- "Fan since 2012 or '14" much more prominent. This is the brainwashed fanbase that learned hockey from the broadcasts and Kings twitter since then, i.e. "everything is fine".

There is a real lack of passion from the crowd but I do think that can turn around if the product on the ice starts to play with, dare I say, Pride/Passion/Power?

I'm not into that 18-40 or whatever demo anymore though: I'm sure young people that grew up with a certain brand of hockey think the whole thing is swell.
michael-scott-wink.gif

I am promoting you to Ginormous King

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I always question the financial savvy of season ticket holders. Especially of bad teams. I would never own season ticket seats either. I have zero interest in that awful boring atmosphere. I hate everything about the Kings lol. I wouldn’t mind if Will Ferrell and Snoop Dog got a slap shot to the dome just so the Kings can stop making their entire marketing campaign around two people who have nothing to do with hockey.

Awful team.
Awful marketing.
Awful fans
And most importantly the traffic just ain’t worth it

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I always question the financial savvy of season ticket holders. Especially of bad teams. I would never own season ticket seats either. I have zero interest in that awful boring atmosphere. I hate everything about the Kings lol. I wouldn’t mind if Will Ferrell and Snoop Dog got a slap shot to the dome just so the Kings can stop making their entire marketing campaign around two people who have nothing to do with hockey.

Awful team.
Awful marketing.
Awful fans
At least you have ‘us’ 😘

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I’ve been to two games in 3 years. I used to go to all 41 home games. Part of that is kids but it’s really more of the product. But they don’t care about catering to real fans.
I haven't been to a game since before Covid. The LA road diet policy on top of a more developed IE makes driving into DTLA miserable from the desert. What used to take 1 hour and a half now is sometimes closer to 2 and a half hours and even driving home will take upwards of 2 and a half hours due to freeway construction on both the 60 and the 10.

I do have to agree in game entertainment makes the game feel like a sideshow.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Awful team.
Awful marketing.
Awful fans
I dropped two of my seats for the upcoming season as my Mom and stepdad don't go enough anymore for it to make sense. I don't go enough anymore either but four of the seats are still at Diehard pricing so getting money back/profiting is not difficult while they are a playoff team. Now I'm down to five and I only kept the one non-Diehard seat so I would still have the ability to bring my family whenever they want to go.

The Diehard pricing at 50% off is too good of a grandfathered deal to walk away from but the experience of being there live has declined so much that it is easy to not go because you're pretty positive nothing will be missed.

I think the only things I was bummed about missing in person last year were Englund's huge hit against Pittsburgh and, #1, Byfield's goal against CBJ.

Edit - A healthy Jeanot is good for around 300 hits. If we get that, my in-game experience will be improved. That is a level of total hits we haven't seen in LA since 2013 Dustin Brown. Kings haven't had someone with over 200 hits since Brown and Lucic in the 2016 season. Grundstrom, Laf and Kempe were the three leaders in hits amongst Kings forwards last year with 115,113 and 112, respectively. That's pathetic.

Last edited:

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
And with revenue increases like this, why would they change course and improve the fan experience for the better?
1723496288525.png

They simply do not care about the fans, at least not the diehard ones that make up the core. And as long as Luc is in charge and as long as money continues to flow in (however the f*** that is happening, but I'm guessing it's tied to AEG owning the building and surrounding real estate), it will continue to suck.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

Turc-Kopi-Kempe

Fiala-Byfield-Kaliyev

Moore-Danault-Foegele

Jeanott-Thomas-Laffy

Lewis, Fagemo

I am hoping to see Hiller try a lot of winger with the core pairs you correctly identifies, during preseason.

I would like to see the biggest long shot wingers first and its either click or move on to other wingers shuffled on the pairs quickly.

Being excited about your team is like skateboarding or surfing, it's not a crime.

But being a nerd that thinks they are , is!

If you can't stop crying tape a diaper to your face!!

:clap:

Last edited:

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal

Awful team.
Awful marketing.
Awful fans
This right here is the worst. I’ve been to Honda more than crypto the last two years for games. Much easier to get to and get out from at least from my experience. How’s the traffic in and out of Intuit? Can we just move the Kings there if its better lok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad