Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
If you go to the stadium now there's a lot of construction work going on on the main concourse. If you've been up on the upper concourse, they're basically redoing the Main concourse to match the upper concourse. Renovating the bathrooms and flooring basically.

Also that terrace that overlooked LA Live on the Upper Concourse is being converted into another premium seating area from section 324ish-329ish

Are you talking about this?

snapshot-2022-08-22T130627.334.jpg

That looks ugly as hell. The arena already has a small upper deck for such a big arena. And they’re gonna eliminate more affordable seats? AEG is too desperate with these renovations.
I know they did these to try to compete with Intuit Dome.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
All of this is just a reminder than AEG is an arena and real estate company first and they will never understand that the performance of the team on the ice is far more important than the "sizzle" of the arena

City view Terrace

1723230214962.png

1723230244125.png

1723230277040.jpeg

Chairman's Club

1723230333914.jpeg

1723230361088.jpeg

Impact Sports Bar

1723230416764.jpeg

LED and Ribbon Boards

1723230485507.jpeg

Tunnel Club

1723230536895.jpeg

Reactions: ibleedkings

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Goddamn, that’s a barrage of more suites and club seatings. Staples Center was already full of suites during its infancy. It has more suites than larger arenas like United Center. Is the seating capacity gonna go below 18K now?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
That is pretty ****ing wild to turn the old smoking patio into a premium seating area and seemingly remove the seats and the wall across from it so it opens up to the arena.

Will be interesting with all these stupid early start times this year to see how that impacts the view. Opposing goalies would be looking that way twice a period while I will need to figure out if I have to wear sunglasses now up in 306.

Miss the old smoking patio. Never smoked a cigarette in my life but loved going out there between periods. The cheesesteak they used to sell up there was also the best thing in the arena.

Not sure if it is a function of getting old when I say the in-game experience used to be better, but the in-game experience used to be better.

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Both my parents and my in-laws hate going to crypto lol especially after they removed the handicap spaces in the front. My brother-in-law is handicapped and it was much easier then to get him in the arena. Last time we parked on what looked to be a blocked off street.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The employees don’t look suicidal in the renderings. If they can’t get the employees right then it’s BS

Reactions: Lt Dan

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I had no idea they got rid of them. When did this happen?
During Covid "Event Level" access was heavily restricted.

Access in the building was broken up into different tiers based on how essential your role was in relation to areas that the players and coaches would be in to better protect them.

A number of team employees who had roles that required them to be in spaces that the players and coaches were in (the "Event Level" at the arena for example) were also good skaters and they served the role of scraping the ice during games.

AFTER Covid the players let management know that the job had been done much better and so they split the Ice Crew into Hockey Development and Promo Team.

They assigned the task of scraping the ice to the Hockey Development Team.

The Hockey Development Team is NOT the development staff that deals with Kings prospects and players.

Its a department that also overseas camps and clinics.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
I have not been on here a lot this Summer....and went through a few threads...but only back a few pages. Not sure if anyone has brought up the 'closure' of the Muzzin trade....sorry, if it has been discussed.

Sure ended up a minor catastrophe.
Muzzin for:
#1 2019, Durzi and Grundstrom.

#1 Bjornfot. Been covered. Not much to add. Bad development and asset management.
Loved his beginning. He looked good his first season. Never progressed and never had offense or size. I think if you're selecting a defenseman from apx #20-30, he'd better have something more than good character, good skating, sound defensive acumen....

Durzi. I was not sold early on, including his first game, which he even scored a goal.
But loved his moxy and compete....he eventually worked hard on not being a liability.
With Clarke, Spence and Roy on right...seemed he was one to get dealt...but for a #2 that
went to the PLD debacle? Terrible

Grundstrom. Liked the player, the determination, the hits....the shot. But he really had zero hockey sense and played the game like he was doing drills...zero creativity or playmaking ability.
However, he made it and was an ok 4th line guy.

What a tragic ending and closure to this trade.
I am more liking the latest 3 for 1, though.
#21 for #26 Greentree , #57 George and #198 Reeder. This will hopefully end up better overall,
than Hage.....the #21 pick. I give Yannetti credit for the deal, not Blake!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Faterson

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
was basically going to be my response

they're not making money because of die hard fan support

they're making money because they've carefully curated 'something to do' and a place to be seen for celebs with loud bullshit in-game events where the on-ice product is a sideshow and the 'average fan' in attendance doesn't care about the dogshit home record because gosh darnit i had fun taking selfies with my 24 dollar seltzers

good on them for making money, but they've alienated the everliving shit out of many many die hard fans of decades.
I’ve been to two games in 3 years. I used to go to all 41 home games. Part of that is kids but it’s really more of the product. But they don’t care about catering to real fans.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
If this organization was really committed to winning they would have gotten rid of Luc and Blake but that isn't going to happen. More of the same as long as these two are running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad