Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings won’t have much room after Kayilev gets signed, as Jesse pointed out.

Portillo’s deal won’t affect the Kings.

Wouldn’t be shocked if the Kings bring in a PTO in camp.

If Kayilev is moved, the PTO would likely be someone with scoring potential.

Anyone want to throw out names? Going thru the list I would say Zadina and Lebanc. Both play RW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kings won’t have much room after Kayilev gets signed, as Jesse pointed out.

Portillo’s deal won’t affect the Kings.

Wouldn’t be shocked if the Kings bring in a PTO in camp.

If Kayilev is moved, the PTO would likely be someone with scoring potential.

Anyone want to throw out names? Going thru the list I would say Zadina and Lebanc. Both play RW.

Tough to get scoring from a PTO or even a minimal contract.

That's why Kaliyev should be given a shot.

Put the butt hurt aside on all sides of it and give it one more chance.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Good deal on Spence. I could actually see next year being the season where they actually play the youth. It hurts to think what this team would look like with Vilardi and Faber on board, no sense in wallowing in it now though. Just hoping Byfield, Turcotte, Spence, Clarke, Laf, and Thomas all take those next big steps.
What could have been :(

Foegele - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Lafferiere
Jeannot - Turcotte - Thomas

Anderson - Doughty
Clarke - Faber
Gavrikov - Spence

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
What could have been :(

Foegele - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Lafferiere
Jeannot - Turcotte - Thomas

Anderson - Doughty
Clarke - Faber
Gavrikov - Spence
Doesn’t feel like that fits under the cap…

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
FORWARDS 45.26M
Iafallo (4M) - Kopitar (7M) - Kempe (5.5M)
Foegle (3.5M) - Byfield (6.25M - Vilardi (3.43M)
Moore (4.2M) - Danault (5.5M) - Laferriere (875K)
Turcotte (775k) - Thomas (775k) - Jeannot (2.66M)
Lewis (800K), Kaliyev/Spare Part?

DEFENSE 32.96M
Anderson (4.125M) - Doughty (11M)
Clarke (863k) - Faber (8.5M)
Gavrikov (5.875M) - Spence (1.5M)
Burroughs (1.1M)

GOALIES 1M
XXXXX
Rittich/Portillo (1M)

CARRYOVER BONUS: 1.85M
PROVOROV: 2.025M
RICHARDS: 700K

TOTAL = 83.795
CAP SPACE = 4.2M

This is probably closer to the "what if" lineup.

We'd also have two more quality prospects in the system from our retained 1st and 2nd round picks. Possibly another 1st if Roy was traded.

Also possible we don't have Provorov and bought out Petersen instead.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Don't need goalies with a roster like that :cool:

It's the offseason, we're bored. Limited hockey content so we have to create it out of thin air lol
1. Margarita, and Long Island ice teas.
2. Trust me you don’t need Kings content. I truly wish the offseason lasted another ten years.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Man the drop off after Malkin in 2004 was pretty bad. I think Lauri played 5ish games for us:
ughu87654.jpg

7ntwztqbuvgd1.jpg

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
The Athletic released the results of a recent poll with one question: How confident are you in your team’s front office?

I was gratified to keep scrolling and scrolling until I found the Kings at # 31 out of 32, beating only the New York Islanders for fan confidence.

Dom L's opinion?

"The luster surrounding the Rob Blake era has officially worn out. Three straight first-round exits at the hands of the same team will certainly have that effect — a showcase of exactly how far away the Kings are from contending. Being stuck in the middle was the biggest concern around meshing two eras and that seems to have come to a head over the last year. The public views the Kings front office as borderline bottom five and the internal feeling from the team’s own fan base has sunk precipitously. No team saw a bigger drop in confidence than the Kings, with 92 percent of their fans less confident than they were a year ago.

That hinges almost entirely on the trade and subsequent signing of Pierre-Luc Dubois, a move that seemed fine at the time but ended up as one of the most disastrous decisions in recent memory.

The rest of the work here is a mixed bag, with Quinton Byfield’s new extension an obvious highlight and the Joel Edmundson deal a lowlight. But the Dubois deal casts a massive shadow over everything and anything else this front office has done over the last year."

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What the hell does it take to get an F on those rankings? Jesus. 1.8 doesn’t cut the F threshold?

I don’t see how Vision category isn’t a resounding F. I have no f***ing idea what they’re thinking and they don’t know what they’re thinking either. It should be a clear F. Roster Building should be an F too. A dead guy would be better at running this team because it wouldn’t have traded for PLD.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
That hinges almost entirely on the trade and subsequent signing of Pierre-Luc Dubois, a move that seemed fine at the time but ended up as one of the most disastrous decisions in recent memory.
LMAO shows you how much the national hockey public knows or cares about the Kings (or any team in the West other than the Oilers really).

The fact that BLuc managed to get as high as 13th last year is a joke. It’s better late than never though, and glad to see that virtually the entire fanbase is now fully on board the anti-BLuc train save for a select few exceptional individuals.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8