Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
When it comes to today's journalism, people need to understand the lie is the point. That and basic competence doesn't matter.
With the wife and I having baby on the way, my father and I have been having a bunch of fun interactions recently.

One was me telling him that the biggest lie he ever told me was that when I was older I'd have to be responsible and deal with accountability once I was older.
I joked that because of how I was raised, I actually have less responsibility and accountability now as a working professional than as a kid.

Reactions: King'sPawn

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
With the wife and I having baby on the way, my father and I have been having a bunch of fun interactions recently.

One was me telling him that the biggest lie he ever told me was that when I was older I'd have to be responsible and deal with accountability once I was older.
I joked that because of how I was raised, I actually have less responsibility and accountability now as a working professional than as a kid.
Not your average case. Most adults have far more responsibility and accountability than children.

Reactions: Faterson

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Not only a nice deal, but probably the perfect deal they could have gotten. These bridge contract signings are probably what Blake does best. I am still hoping that Kaliyev follows suit and they give it another try, but probably not. Just hoping they play the "kids" like always... Going to flip the f*** out if Edmundson, Burroughs, or Englund are taking any playing time away from Spence or Clarke.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not only a nice deal, but probably the perfect deal they could have gotten. These bridge contract signings are probably what Blake does best. I am still hoping that Kaliyev follows suit and they give it another try, but probably not. Just hoping they play the "kids" like always... Going to flip the f*** out if Edmundson, Burroughs, or Englund are taking any playing time away from Spence or Clarke.

Tend to agreee.....but with the disclaimer IF they actually get value out of them. Spence will play these two years fully in the NHL, so this one is terrific.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
$1.41M space left looks like, suppose it's possible

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Good deal on Spence. I could actually see next year being the season where they actually play the youth. It hurts to think what this team would look like with Vilardi and Faber on board, no sense in wallowing in it now though. Just hoping Byfield, Turcotte, Spence, Clarke, Laf, and Thomas all take those next big steps.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
It hurts to think what this team would look like with Vilardi and Faber on board.

Livelook at Rob & Luc:

200w.gif

Reactions: Omni Owl

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's about $2.5m in cap space if you do a projected roster of:

Laf-Kopi-Kempe
Fiala-QB-Foegele
Jeannot-Danault-Moore
Turcotte-Thomas-Lewis
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gav-Spence
Edmundson-Clarke
Englund

Kuemper
Rittich

Like @King'sPawn said, just enough money to sign a PTO cockblock before camp!

Incoming Chris Tierney

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
What are possible "Stanley cups" for this team next season - since they wont be contending

1. Byfield 80 pts
2. Clarke 50+ pts and installed on PP1
3. Kaliyev puts up 50 pts
4. Turcotte plays 70+ games
5. Jeannot beatdown any of the EDM tools - esp Nurse, Kane, Hyman and checks Drai or Jesus thru the glass

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
What are possible "Stanley cups" for this team next season - since they wont be contending

1. Byfield 80 pts
5. Jeannot beatdown any of the EDM tools - esp Nurse, Kane, Hyman and checks Drai or Jesus thru the glass
Lol I'm not sure Byfield gets 50 on this squad, much less Arthur f-ing Kaliyev. But sure we can fantasize

Reactions: AbsentMojo

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

1. Byfield 80 pts
Take the Oilers to 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1