Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The idea of Lee on the Kings 4th line next season got me curious about Size and how the Kings might look next year...

Foegele (6'2) - Kopitar (6'4) - Kempe (6'2)
Fiala (5'10) - Byfield (6'5) - Laferriere (6'0)
Turcotte (5'11) - Danault (6'1) - Moore (5'10)
Lee (6'5) - Thomas (5'11) - Jeannot (6'2)
Ex: Fagemo (6'0), Lewis (6'1)

Anderson (6'0) - Doughty (6'1)
Gavrikov (6'3) - Clarke (6'2)
Edmundson (6'5) - Spence (5'10)
Ex: Moverare (6'3), Englund (6'3), Burroughs (6'0 but plays physically)

Kuemper (6'5)
Rittich (6'3)

Honestly not too bad - Sure, there's some undersized players scattered throughout that lineup but you also have some players with really good size (Gavrikov, Edmundson, Byfield, Kopi, and Lee) and a couple players with decent size (Kempe, Foegele, Jeannot, Clarke once he fills out).

Then you have a couple of these guys hopefully in the next couple years:
  • Helenius (6'6)
  • Dvorak (6'5)
  • Greentree (6'2)
  • Lawrence (6'7)
  • Ziemmer (6'1 but plays bigger)
  • Woolley (6'5)
  • Sparkes (6'8)
  • Wright (6'3)
  • Krygier (6'3)
Granted, not all of those guys will make it to the NHL but if a few do, that's a solid amount of size that could be on the way.

The days of the Kings being a smaller team that gets pushed around may yet be behinds us, thank goodness.
Just in time to switch back to being a skill league.:laugh:

I agree it’s promising in many ways.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Here is the roster Rob Blake iced his first season as Kings GM.

View attachment 897316

7 years later, we still have 5 of the same players. Three of them our the opening night starters at center, defense and goal. Our 4C is now the best player. And Lewis is still blocking kids.

Listening to the Mayor talk to Boomer Gordon was entertaining for all the wrong reasons. First he ejaculated over getting rid of Dubois. Then he again compared Blake’s big misses to Lombardi’s for some reason. And finally he tripled down on mission accomplished for the offseason.

Since Dubois bounced, this guy is completely relieved to never talk about Dubois again. And if he is asked about it, he’s sticking to Blake pulling off a miracle by not surrendering more than he did to Washington. If he had put an opinion out there like that prior to the trade, he’d have a modicum of credibility but he has zero.

Next he compares Dean’s batting average to Blake’s at big swings. He says both had big misses, but glosses over Rob’s .000 average at the plate. Fiala is his biggest hit and the team is worse in the playoffs right afterwards.

And his biggest spin was the top party line message to the fanbase for the offseason. He literally told fans to discard the idea that concrete plans are more than one year at a time. Instead we should believe that every offseason plan was done with the best intentions, both short and long term.

And this seasons plan is team toughness. Which is a joke for any objective fan. We all know that when things fall apart the local media will be ready to shovel out the shit with an ear to ear grin.
The Mayor
mayor-mccheese.jpg

works for a clown.

Surf Clown BLUC 2.jpg

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I wonder if Kaliyev won't be traded after all and will instead make the opening night roster.

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
Turcotte - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Foegele - Danault - Moore
Jeannot - Thomas - Laferriere

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Spence
Edmundson - Clarke

Kuemper
Rittich

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I wonder if Kaliyev won't be traded after all and will instead make the opening night roster.

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Spence
Edmundson - Clarke

Kuemper
Rittich
I don’t really see a world where Kopitar and Kempe are split apart so long as they are both on the same roster, although I do really like the idea of Turcotte on their wing.

I think Foegle and Fiala are gonna need to be on the same line as one another to get the best potential out of each of them.

Arthur is unfortunately just looking to be the odd man out, as I don’t see a fit for him anywhere besides the press box, unless he suddenly finds another gear in the effort department. He could slot in next to Moore and Danault, but that’s a big if.

There are a lotta plates in the air on this poorly constructed roster.

Reactions: YP44

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Spence
Edmundson - Clarke

Kuemper
Rittich
Watch not only will he not be traded, they'll healthy scratch him continuing to drive down his value where we have to add a sweetener to trade him.
I keep saying good asset management is not is this group's vocabulary

• Haha
Reactions: kilowatt

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don’t really see a world where Kopitar and Kempe are split apart so long as they are both on the same roster, although I do really like the idea of Turcotte on their wing.

I think Foegle and Fiala are gonna need to be on the same line as one another to get the best potential out of each of them.

Arthur is unfortunately just looking to be the odd man out, as I don’t see a fit for him anywhere besides the press box, unless he suddenly finds another gear in the effort department. He could slot in next to Moore and Danault, but that’s a big if.

There are a lotta plates in the air on this poorly constructed roster.

In that scenario, our forward group would look something like this:

Turcotte - Kopitar - Kempe
Foegele - Byfield - Fiala
Moore - Danault - Fagemo

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kayilev is done and someone said Luc mentioned Fagemo at an event recently. Below is the opening line up.

Laferriere - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Jeannot
Thomas - Turcotte - Fagemo/Lewis

Reactions: VILARGOD

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
In that scenario, our forward group would look something like this:

Turcotte - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Fagemo
It's hard to project how well a lineup like this will do. There's too many variables at play and a lot of the success will rely on the youth making huge strides (Byfield, Clarke, Spence, Thomas, Laf, Turcotte, Fagemo). At least we're tougher on paper.

I'm pretty sure Kaliyev's days are over on the Kings, too much bad blood after last year.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kayilev is done and someone said Luc mentioned Fagemo at an event recently. Below is the opening line up.

Laferriere - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Jeannot
Thomas - Turcotte - Fagemo/Lewis
I talked to Luc directly and he said Fagemo would get a chance. He also said the plan was to play "4 kids" this year.

I'll believe it when I see it. I think they'll give Fagemo some games, not like what they see, and bench him.

In my uniformed opinion, it seems like there's a chance Ziemmer could make the team.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I talked to Luc directly and he said Fagemo would get a chance. He also said the plan was to play "4 kids" this year.

I'll believe it when I see it. I think they'll give Fagemo some games, not like what they see, and bench him.

In my uniformed opinion, it seems like there's a chance Ziemmer could make the team.
Did u ask him if Darth Vader was really his father

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County

Hey the Kings had a chance and were so close to getting out of first round.
You gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt and understand he has zero credibility, if he even had any in hockey management.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

4 kids......Clarke, Turcotte, Thomas...and Fagemo/Kaliyev/Kiemmer ? Depends on how they classify Spence

Reactions: YP44

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019

it's funny that "kids" are now guys on their second contract

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
4 kids......Clarke, Turcotte, Thomas...and Fagemo/Kaliyev/Kiemmer ? Depends on how they classify Spence
I would add Portillo as a possibility.

Kaliyev is pretty unlikely. By "kids" I think he meant rookies. Which Kaliyev no longer is. He also said Kaliyev wasn't understanding "the way we play."

But for sure he was talking about Clarke, Turcotte & Thomas. The 4th remains to be seen.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County

Kaliyev is pretty unlikely. By "kids" I think he meant rookies. Which Kaliyev no longer is. He also said Kaliyev wasn't understanding "the way we play."

But for sure he was talking about Clarke, Turcotte & Thomas. The 4th remains to be seen.
Luc, maybe you should've of drafted Kaliyev as everyone knew what kind of player he is . How about this Luc stop thinking hockey is still be played in 90s, it's 2024.

Reactions: ibleedkings

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
He also said Kaliyev wasn't understanding "the way we play."
Luc, maybe you should've of drafted Kaliyev as everyone knew what kind of player he is . How about this Luc stop thinking hockey is still be played in 90s, it's 2024.
Seriously. These guys (Kings management) actually might be morons lol. They talk about 'the way we play' as if it's some sacred, championship caliber formula for success that everyone needs to buy in to or they're benched.... But it pretty clearly just flat out doesn't work.

Also, Kings players themselves seem to have issues with it. So they're clinging to this idea of 'the way we play' and ruining prospects, frustrating key players (like Fiala, Kempe, Moore, and Doughty), and losing consistently in the playoffs as a result.

And then they talk to the media about needing to 'get uncomfortable' as a group? That starts with YOU, Blake & Luc.... Maybe YOU need to get uncomfortable and re-evaluate how the team should play so we're not just trying the same shit year after year hoping for a different result.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

one of those kids would be clarke

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

Laferriere & Fagemo leap to mind as candidates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad