Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Skinner would be good in a vacuum, but he is entering the tail end of his career, will likely be looking for more of a contender, and will be seeking term to close out his career. I don't like the timing, but that sounds like the perfect move for Blake :sarcasm: Everyone has us out there looking to buy a top 6 winger, so Blake is going to make some sort of move. Jus thave to hold our breaths and hope the damage is minimal.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
NHL Trade Rumors: Elliotte Friedman warns of surprise teams like Vegas swooping in to pick up $30M Jake Guentzel

Get the F outta here on that Vegas shit. f***ers have like 7 UFA's and no cap space. Unbelievable.

Also,... "Friedman speculated on potential moves by teams such as the Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks."

Rob Blake with extra cap space on July 1st is gonna be overpayments galore.
Ran some numbers, the rumor of 9M to Guentzel would require the roster be filled out by sub 1M players. That includes Spence. So Guentzel & the cheapest players possible or Blake intends to clear more cap, Gavrikov or Kuemper?

Maybe my math is off.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Ideal offseason for me would be Bertuzzi/Debrusk, Stenlund/Trenin, Brenden Dillon. Don't see Guentzel as a fit.
Dillon is a relic of another time and era.
Zadorov should be the target even if we have to get rid of d man. This guy a badass and the kings havent had a guy like this for forever.
I like debrusk. Bertuzxi hasnt had his shots to be able to travel orjoin the human race yet.
Guntzel wil do much much less away from crosby.
Bust out the checkbook for zadorov

Reactions: VILARGOD

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Maybe doughty for willi nylander?
But with our aversion to natural scorers, little mitchy marner is much more the kings style. Along with mitchell's daddy.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Dillon is a relic of another time and era.
Zadorov should be the target even if we have to get rid of d man. This guy a badass and the kings havent had a guy like this for forever.
I like debrusk. Bertuzxi hasnt had his shots to be able to travel orjoin the human race yet.
Guntzel wil do much much less away from crosby.
Bust out the checkbook for zadorov

Umm...what??

You know he played 80 games this year right? Not all 80 of them where home games, or in Canada

Reactions: crassbonanza
Lomberg has a family and is playing for a contract. He’s also a high character guy.

That_Would_Be_Great_meme.jpg

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Big problems going into the offseason were goalie, left D and middle six wingers. Now you’re stuck with Kuemper and Rittich, and a hole has opened up at center. Supposedly that will be filled by Byfield.

But moving him to a C makes your hole at wing worse. It’s no longer middle sixers. Now you need two guys in the top six. So once again half measures result in stepping on your own dick.

To me, I think Blake brings back Arvidsson on a cheap deal. And he then overpays for a guy like Joshua or Martonook. For D, I think Roy walks and is replaced by a couple guys on the cheap, but still high end dumpster finds. The LD hole gets punted to camp and hyped for the TDL. By that point the excuse makers will have their distractions teed up to satiate the koolaid drinkers.

Bottom line, this team has zero deep runs nevermimd cups while Luc, Rob, Anze and Drew (plus the Mayor) lead the way.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Skinner:
  • 32 years old
  • Left handed shot
  • bad defensively
  • No physicality and forechecking
  • production trending down

Sure, what's not to like here for the Kings lol
He's a former Sabre though. That means he's gonna score 50 next season and win the cup.

Really though, it depends on price. There's lot of discount UFA's that could provide scoring.

Skinner has never played a PO game. Give him something to play for and you might see a different player. Everybody thought OEL was done.

But just having another guy like Skinner on the market helps bring prices down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad