Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Im going to try an analogy to see if it will penetrate some water logged minds

In oceanic science theres a concept of a "fetch" which relates to swell generation. Fetch is how strong the winds are, what direction and how long they blow during a storm. Depending on that, they can predict how big the waves will be, what direction it comes from and how long the swell will last. Tanking your team/rebuild mode is like a fetch...The longer you do it the better the odds of generating some high end talent. If you end your rebuild too soon, you will have a small swell for short duration, and then go flat again until the next fetch. Thats what the Kings have done. To look at the results of LAK, their fetch is over, and the swell is already on the decline before ever winning a single series.

Reactions: The Pale King

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Sorry typo and I don't have a microscope anyway.

I meant to call you Lift Tesla.
1725485100404.png

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Losing to the West Champs does not necessarily mean they could not have won a round or two against lesser opponents.

Sorry Lift Tesla Dan!
Who are those “lesser opponents” you’re talking about? I get it, all we have to do to win a series is simply avoid the terrible, no good, bad draw that is the Oilers. Oh, and also avoid the Stars, Avalanche, Jets, Golden Knights, and Predators (and good thing the Blues missed because they’re a bad draw too).

So basically the Canucks? Oh but they actually won a round and put up a fight against those unstoppable Oilers so maybe not.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Who are those “lesser opponents” you’re talking about? I get it, all we have to do to win a series is simply avoid the terrible, no good, bad draw that is the Oilers. Oh, and also avoid the Stars, Avalanche, Jets, Golden Knights, and Predators (and good thing the Blues missed because they’re a bad draw too).

So basically the Canucks? Oh but they actually won a round and put up a fight against those unstoppable Oilers so maybe not.
Exf***ingactly.
The Kings weren't winning a round against anyone last season.

Roy could've brought back a nice return

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Exf***ingactly.
The Kings weren't winning a round against anyone last season.

Roy could've brought back a nice return

This is exactly what hindsight is.....no one thought LA was winning shit in 2012 either....until they did, no one thought Vegas was winning shit, until they did....WSH, STL, so on and so forth....

There are good reasons to trade Roy
There are good reasons not to trade Roy, it's that simple

• Love
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
oh my god hahaha

is someone actually chirping the 'well actually it was just a bad draw' copium

i thought we'd be past that at this point. At least, blake and luc are hoping you are, but good thing for them that they've got cheerleaders.

We were the winningest team in the league vs. the bottom half of the league and a lottery team vs. the top half of the league. Literally. If a 'bad draw' = the top half of the league, then yeah, sure, we just got a bad draw.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
My posts showing what tax rates in states were deleted for being political good grief!

Yes the Canucks maybe the Jets, maybe Nashville.

The Blues? Yes!

I am an optimystic mired in the sludge outfall of negativity because I choose to be.

You never know, that's why they play the games.

The King had less talent on the ice in 21/22 and that's the closest they came against a real contender in the Oil.

They will have less offense and more toughness, like one of the few good posters here always lobbied for.

Newcomers and youth along with the vets will have to all step up or it could be a whiff.

Anshultz would part the Gold and Purple sea and the exodus many here have prayed for could be underway.

A new regime would be directed to bring the King to the Promised land or at least win a round or two, anyway.

The OIl emerged out of the stacked West you tout, and took the extremely well built Champs to 7 games, and don't forget it Blimey.

I am a little tongue in cheek so you caint take me word for word serious, you negative overcooked old bastards that need a vacation for the board.

Ok , resume laughing and crying.

:nopity:

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
oh my god hahaha

is someone actually chirping the 'well actually it was just a bad draw' copium

i thought we'd be past that at this point. At least, blake and luc are hoping you are, but good thing for them that they've got cheerleaders.

We were the winningest team in the league vs. the bottom half of the league and a lottery team vs. the top half of the league. Literally. If a 'bad draw' = the top half of the league, then yeah, sure, we just got a bad draw.
Don't forget the refreshed "nobody thought 2012 LA Kings were winning anything either."

They were the underdogs against the President's Trophy winners, but they still had better metrics and data going into the playoffs.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Don't forget the refreshed "nobody thought 2012 LA Kings were winning anything either."

They were the underdogs against the President's Trophy winners, but they still had better metrics and data going into the playoffs.
Exf***ingactly

And everyone forgets that the Kings took the Canucks to 6 games in 2010 with a far less skilled and gritty team

Reactions: King'sPawn

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
My posts showing what tax rates in states were deleted for being political good grief!
It’s the offseason and we’re having a normal conversation yet the urban dictionary definitions of HFBoards continue to be spot on.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Ok, I found your you tube channel.

Why you hold out on us bruh?

How much did you bet on that team?

You other chimers too?

:elf:

Last edited:

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Hackneyed tax bro talk is a Trojan horse for meathead simpleton takes on non-hockey matters. Matt Roy departure speculation is truly the most moot a point can get anyway. Luckily we can all agree that not trading him was real bag-of-hammers shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again this year. Discuss

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Hackneyed tax bro talk is a Trojan horse for meathead simpleton takes on non-hockey matters. Matt Roy departure speculation is truly the most moot a point can get anyway. Luckily we can all agree that not trading him was real bag-of-hammers shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again this year. Discuss

The crying game ignores that Blake is going to do whatever he thinks will save his job and that would include the #1 objective of winning a round.

He simply does not have the luxury of job security AND a rebuild.

Therefore instead of getting a 1st in a trade for a good player he holds the player.

Getting a 1st and then having to trade a 1st to fill the hole would be two bags of hammers being exchanged for each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad