Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I am interested in 2 of those Gustavsson at right price. They need to shed salary. Maybe package with Middleton for Kaliyev and mid level prospect, Absolutely no 1st. My choice would be Stolarz . A Big ticket goalie will not put kings over hump and will not push needle for cost/ price. Korpisalo is not even worth a thought

Kiss that 1st round pick's ass goodbye!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I am interested in 2 of those Gustavsson at right price. They need to shed salary. Maybe package with Middleton for Kaliyev and mid level prospect, Absolutely no 1st. My choice would be Stolarz . A Big ticket goalie will not put kings over hump and will not push needle for cost/ price. Korpisalo is not even worth a thought
I told Hoven I'd jump out a window if they traded for Korpisalo and Chychrun.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
My top 5 would be:

1. Linus Ullmark (Legit #1, he'll cost less than Saros to resign next Summer)
2. Karel Vejmelka (Has the potential to be elite on a good team, low cap for another year.)
3. Semyon Varlamov (Long term 1B, at a lowish price. Perfect if Portillo steps up.)
4. Juuse Saros (The best goalie available, though he'll fetch 8.5M+ to resign him.)
5. Antti Raanta (Incredible career numbers coming off a down year, could get him cheap.)

• Wow
Reactions: Surf Nutz

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
My top 5 would be:

1. Linus Ullmark (Legit #1, he'll cost less than Saros to resign next Summer)
2. Karel Vejmelka (Has the potential to be elite on a good team, low cap for another year.)
3. Semyon Varlamov (Long term 1B, at a lowish price. Perfect if Portillo steps up.)
4. Juuse Saros (The best goalie available, though he'll fetch 8.5M+ to resign him.)
5. Antti Raanta (Incredible career numbers coming off a down year, could get him cheap.)
With Markstrom with retention moved to the Devils for Bahl and a top 10 protected 1st what is the price to acquire Ullmark or Saros?

I would the goalies in a similar tier, all very good. Better then anything we have had since prime Quick. All would thrive behind our defence.

Markstrom has 2 years left at 4.125 after retention.

Ullmark has 1 year left at 5 mil

Saros has 1 year left at 5 mil as well

Bahl is a good pick-up. Massive at 6'6 only 23, making a bit over a million. His value would be what? equivalent to Spence?

Basically Markstrom gave the Devils an extra year. Saros and Ullmark could both be one and done's. So I base it a 1st for 1 year and Bahl for the second year? or am I off with my thinking.

Anyways, does this trade help set the goalie market for return value? If Ullmark and Saros cost at least a 1st and you either lose them in a year or retain them and sign an older goalie a long term contract (yikes) . Is it worth it. I would love the stability but I just don't think we have the legs come playoffs for it to really matter. Maybe a second round exit but why waste assets for that?

Karel Vejmelka - this is the guy that interests me. I still like his upside and would like to see him play behind our structured defence. Would Utah take a 2nd? Kaliyev for Vej?- both need a scenery change.

Thoughts?

• Haha

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I'm confident a deal will get done by then for just that reason.

- Kings need to know what they can afford
- The longer Byfield waits after that, the less money that will be available for him.

I don't know about the second part. There are people here (who's opinion's I respect) that believe that QB is a more valuable asset than Jack Hughes. I don't agree with that, and even if I think most GM's don't either, it only takes one who thinks that way to sign him to a qualifying offer. I think fans many times let their own loyalty to a team blind them to the fact that in this case it would mean tens of millions of dollars (assuming the Kings didn't want to do an 8 year deal). Joe Sakic is basically Mr. Av, but he signed an offer sheet, so did Aho.

Blake's inept management of the Kings cap is no guarantee that Byfield isn't going to get a huge offer from another team.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I’m guessing LA will want Portillo in a year’s time or less.

I’m betting they bring back Talbot or Copley for a year and run cheap again.

Unless they can somehow pry Ulmark or Saros away of course.

Last edited:
  • Haha

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
With Markstrom with retention moved to the Devils for Bahl and a top 10 protected 1st what is the price to acquire Ullmark or Saros?

I would the goalies in a similar tier, all very good. Better then anything we have had since prime Quick. All would thrive behind our defence.

Markstrom has 2 years left at 4.125 after retention.

Ullmark has 1 year left at 5 mil

Saros has 1 year left at 5 mil as well

Bahl is a good pick-up. Massive at 6'6 only 23, making a bit over a million. His value would be what? equivalent to Spence?

Basically Markstrom gave the Devils an extra year. Saros and Ullmark could both be one and done's. So I base it a 1st for 1 year and Bahl for the second year? or am I off with my thinking.

Anyways, does this trade help set the goalie market for return value? If Ullmark and Saros cost at least a 1st and you either lose them in a year or retain them and sign an older goalie a long term contract (yikes) . Is it worth it. I would love the stability but I just don't think we have the legs come playoffs for it to really matter. Maybe a second round exit but why waste assets for that?

Karel Vejmelka - this is the guy that interests me. I still like his upside and would like to see him play behind our structured defence. Would Utah take a 2nd? Kaliyev for Vej?- both need a scenery change.

Thoughts?
I like Vejmelka, I would say Kaliyev +Lizotte, I hate to move high picks like that, unless we can turn some of our Rfas into 2nd and 3rd round picks.(a good gm could do) ullmark I would stay away from he will be looking for $7+ million and he doesn't move the needle that much more for acquisition cost and contract.

• Haha

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
If Blake rolls into the season with Talbot and Copley in what should be a make or break season for him, he's even dumber than I already think he is

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
In my dream I read an article by Friedman that the Kings are for sure trading their first because they believe they’re a “contending” team.

Don’t say you didn’t know

Last edited:
  • Haha

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Posting in this thread for summer long posterity

Gentle reminder that the trade tree becomes

Outgoing
Vilardi
Iafallo
Kupari
MTL 2nd
Durzi
Walker
Grans
Petersen
LA 2nd
PLD

Incoming
2 million+ of Provorov's salary
Hayden Hodgson
Kevin Connauton

AND Kuemper the goalie you waived to start the cycle above

#masterclass

• Wow
Reactions: Fripp and BLONG7

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
So we are sitting at?

Kempe-Kopitar-XXX
XXX-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
XXX-Turcotte-Thomas
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Englund-Spence
Moverare

Kuemper
Rittich

What's next?

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Kuemper sounds like he's pretty much cooked, but to get out of that complete shitshow contract Blake gifted PLD makes it almost worth it. I'd take him over Talbot. Make no mistake, a competent GM would have never made that dumbass trade to begin with, but @ least he tried to make right by his mistake. It @ least sets up the next GM so they don't have that albatross contract to deal with.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
So we are sitting at?

Kempe-Kopitar-XXX
XXX-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
XXX-Turcotte-Thomas
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Englund-Spence
Moverare

Kuemper
Rittich

What's next?
19 million to fill those holes.

(Assuming we give QB about 5 million)

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kuemper sounds like he's pretty much cooked, but to get out of that complete shitshow contract Blake gifted PLD makes it almost worth it. I'd take him over Talbot. Make no mistake, a competent GM would have never made that dumbass trade to begin with, but @ least he tried to make right by his mistake. It @ least sets up the next GM so they don't have that albatross contract to deal with.
People said Cam Talbot was cooked in Ottawa then he put up career numbers here in LA.

95% of goalies thrive and bounce back in our system. I'm very confident Kuemper will go back to being a .915% goaltender.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
We'll see, but Talbot's performance in the post-season left a bad taste in my mouth. The guy just couldn't stop anything, he was completely rattled and exploited by EDM. He did better than I thought in the reg season, but he's definitely not the answer. Neither is Kuemper really, but if it gets us out of that shit awful PLD contract I'm fine with it.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Roy 6x6
Kaliyev traded for a 4th
Spence traded for a 2nd
Pick up a 30 year old 3rd/4th liner for 3 million
Why are we re-signing Matt Roy.

Doughty/Spence/Clarke should be a lock.

We need to look for an upgrade over Englund more than anything.

Anderson/Doughty
Gavrikov/Spence
Zadorov/Clarke

Yummy.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
At least this means the next GMs rebuild won't start 6-8 years from now. More like 2-4 years. Blake fired in 1-2 years. The new GM will have no PLD to worry about, Kuemper cap gone in 2027, Kopi 2026, Danault 2027 and DD 2027. Kind of looks good for the new GM and his rebuild to start in 2-3 years.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Roy 6x6
Kaliyev traded for a 4th
Spence traded for a 2nd
Pick up a 30 year old 3rd/4th liner for 3 million

We better not sign Roy. It will be a mistake if they do. If so than they will probably move Spence and Kaliyev together in a package deal to get a top6 winger. I'm more scared now that he will go after Laine.

Why are we re-signing Matt Roy.

Doughty/Spence/Clarke should be a lock.

We need to look for an upgrade over Englund more than anything.

Anderson/Doughty
Gavrikov/Spence
Zadorov/Clarke

Yummy.
I'd love to have Zadorov but he'll be asking for 6x6 and you can't pay a 3rd pairing dman that kind of money. It would be worse than the PLD contract. I'd rather go after Hague or McNabb to fill that 3LD role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad