Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
What about Helenius and Lee down in Ontario?
Lee is not a fighter - he has a few scraps. He is tall and skinny. More of a skilled player. There is something about him that is very intriguing though.

Helenius my fav Kings prospect - he can fight and stirs things up. But, everyone is saying not this season, but the following year for Samuel - so he will have 3 AHL seasons under his belt. He is tall and skinny also, but starting to fill out. He's a great kid off the ice - met him at the Vegas tourney last summer and he had a huge black eye from a fight and was super nice. Liked him even more after that.

Helenius plays 3C - he actually reminds me a tall Jarrett Stoll who can fight but is mean as f. He wins face offs, can play defense, throws the body and has some hands. So basically a cross between his dad (who played D) and Stoll. It's funny because Stoll has been working with him over the past few seasons.

These two play well together and if they make the NHL will be fan favorites, particularly Helenius because the Kings have not have a forward like in awhile. He can agitate like Lemieux also.

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Any chance Helenius gets that Dwight King/ Nolan type of call up next season? Maybe not 3C but we need a 4C with size. Lizette needs to go.
I think Sutter was on his fourth team as head coach at that juncture. Chicago, SJ, and Calgary are the priors if I’m not mistaken.

Hiller has much less experience by any real measure.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings will likely give Turcotte the 4C spot and eventually call up Helenius and move one of those to the wing.

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-PLD-Laffy
Moore-Danault-????
????-Turcotte-Thomas

Let Lewis walk, trade or let Lizotte and Grundstrom walk also. Arvidsson will walk likely.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
Any chance Helenius gets that Dwight King/ Nolan type of call up next season? Maybe not 3C but we need a 4C with size. Lizette needs to go.
I would like to see him get a cup of coffee and see where he's at. I would also like to see Lee up to. Would be interesting to see them play a few preseason games together. It would give them a feel and then they can go back down and work on what they need to

Reactions: Johnny Utah

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
Kings will likely give Turcotte the 4C spot and eventually call up Helenius and move one of those to the wing.

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-PLD-Laffy
Moore-Danault-????
????-Turcotte-Thomas

Let Lewis walk, trade or let Lizotte and Grundstrom walk also. Arvidsson will walk likely.
Byfield Pld F.A
Turcotte Kopi Kempe
Moore Danault Fiala
Fa Thomas Laffy
If possible trade moore for Ld, sign debfrusk play with Pld, move Laffy with Danault

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Are said new jerseys black, silver, white....with a regurgitated logo variation of the past?
Royalty colors of Kings are purple and gold. Pure hues of either color can be altered some.
I love this blue-purple hue. I think the white, 'adidas style' stripes down both sides look good.
I would like to see some elements like that, that no one else is using. The element(s) don't need to be complex...but simple elements can add a lot. (or detract if they're bad or overdone)

I don't like the gimmicky lion with sun glasses, but at least it's not the tired ones used forever.
Nothing wrong with the chevy, the home plate ones....but it's time for something new.
I just love this color and the side stripes are good. The sleeves or shoulders could have an element
as well. The LA homeplate on this os okay. The side stripes could be black, gold or silver.

I just don't want to see another black, white and silver one. But I also don't want to see a gold/purple 'original' one. This color, with an all new logo, with some good elements.

king-jersey.jpg

Reactions: shuchukfan

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Hoven's roster preview article mentions a significant penalty for being over the cap last year due to a Talbot bonus. Has this been discussed but buried under all the other failures?

It's depressing that this performance did not lead to a firing. Also depressing is that projected roster.

This was from a dailyfaceoff article on April 23 regarding team overage penalties for next season.

Overage Penalties for 2024-25​

TeamOverage Penalty
Edmonton Oilers$3,450,000*
Dallas Stars$2,595,407
Washington Capitals$2,252,500
Los Angeles Kings$1,850,000
New Jersey Devils$1,538,897
Montréal Canadiens$1,022,500
Ottawa Senators$850,000
New York Rangers$512,500*
Minnesota Wild$425,000*
Philadelphia Flyers$245,000
Boston Bruins$50,000*
(Florida Panthers)($500,000)**
(Carolina Hurricanes)($50,450)***

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Hoven's roster preview article mentions a significant penalty for being over the cap last year due to a Talbot bonus. Has this been discussed but buried under all the other failures?

It's depressing that this performance did not lead to a firing. Also depressing is that projected roster.
The bonus cap hit was mentioned when Talbot signed as we discussed it here in the context as it being the same for Edler. It’s been mentioned at times during the season in team podcasts, discussed on here etc. So, no not buried.

Reactions: BigKing

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
This was from a dailyfaceoff article on April 23 regarding team overage penalties for next season.

Overage Penalties for 2024-25​

TeamOverage Penalty
Edmonton Oilers$3,450,000*
Dallas Stars$2,595,407
Washington Capitals$2,252,500
Los Angeles Kings$1,850,000
New Jersey Devils$1,538,897
Montréal Canadiens$1,022,500
Ottawa Senators$850,000
New York Rangers$512,500*
Minnesota Wild$425,000*
Philadelphia Flyers$245,000
Boston Bruins$50,000*
(Florida Panthers)($500,000)**
(Carolina Hurricanes)($50,450)***

So help me understand this...they will have $1,850M of dead cap next season so they could ice a roster that was worse than the one the year prior? All for a guy that lost the starting job in the playoffs to the team's 3rd string goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad