Fire Pierre Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Duchene.

Drafting Batherson and Formenton.

Or are you of the opinion of nickel and diming late picks is the path to success?

Duchene is a good player but that’s a terrible trade. It was terrible the day it was made and it’s even more terrible now.

I’ll give you Batherson and Formenton.

The negatives far outweigh the positives with Dorion. Even when his hands aren’t tied and he’s given the green light he makes mistakes like the Burrows trade.

I'm all for firing both PD & GB but given this owner I'm not sure any new GM could do much better with the restraints this owner places on the GM. I also don't think we can blame PD for the Lee situation or the Hoffman/Karlsson wives situation unless he knew about it a while ago & was unable to put a stop to it if MH's girlfriend is indeed guilty. Hoffman clearly lost a great deal of value & that may have been the only deal on the table, we will never know. Everything seems to be going to **** with this team lately.

I don’t blame him for Lee doing what he did but he mishandled that and should have suspended him immediately.

We don’t know all the facts about the wives so we can’t blame him for that at his juncture. If the team knew about it before the deadline then yes we can blame him.

I agree Melnyk is the bigger issue, I’m asking for someone to show me the good moves he’s made that demonstrate that he has the wherewithal to build a winner (even if we change owner). I don’t see it with this constant mis-management of staff and assets.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Duchene is a good player but that’s a terrible trade. It was terrible the day it was made and it’s even more terrible now.

I’ll give you Batherson and Formenton.

The negatives far outweigh the positives with Dorion. Even when his hands aren’t tied and he’s given the green light he makes mistakes like the Burrows trade.

I don’t blame him for Lee doing what he did but he mishandled that and should have suspended him immediately.

We don’t know all the facts about the wives so we can’t blame him for that at his juncture. If the team knew about it before the deadline then yes we can blame him.

I agree Melnyk is the bigger issue, I’m asking for someone to show me the good moves he’s made that demonstrate that he has the wherewithal to build a winner (even if we change owner). I don’t see it with this constant mis-management of staff and assets.
I would hope that if there is new ownership that they would clean house & get rid of almost the entire hockey operations & start from scratch with good experienced respected NHL people with great resumes.

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
Once Euge is shot into the sun and PD is canned, Wilson would be a good guy to poach. He's local too.

Reactions: Bileur

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The best thing that Murray has done was keep this organization from going up in flames in the hands of the owner, made it look respectable, and he was also the greatest coach this team has had. Other than that his GMing has left a lot to be desired.

Yeah, this is a good take.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I am of the party that when new ownership takes over, the appropriate move is to fire Pierre Dorion. I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be, but he's proven so far that there are clearly better options out there, and he's a better scout than he is a GM.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm not the one making baseless claims.

Back it up or admit you are simply projecting.

Baseless? Have you not been paying attention to the Senators in recent weeks/months?

Sure, there's some conjecture there as in he might not have expressly told Dorion he wants a trade, but the odds of him staying are lower than his going at this point. There's no way he's happy in Ottawa. Only thing that could convince him to stay would be if they offered him a $12-13m/8 yrs contract and that's extremely unlikely to unfold.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I am of the party that when new ownership takes over, the appropriate move is to fire Pierre Dorion. I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be, but he's proven so far that there are clearly better options out there, and he's a better scout than he is a GM.

Lots of things need to happen.

Team President
More Scouts
New Management
New coach

I’m guessing Dorion and Boucher won’t be around much longer if new ownership comes in and we miss the playoffs next year.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Lots of things need to happen.

Team President
More Scouts
New Management
New coach

I’m guessing Dorion and Boucher won’t be around much longer if new ownership comes in and we miss the playoffs next year.

Yep, the new ownership's best move is to completely drain the swamp, save for our scouting department which is one of the few things in the organization that is very good. But I would like if they added more scouts.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion's done a pretty good job so far right? I mean we got Alex fn Burrows guys ... And he didn't trade Hoffman for that 1st , a roster player and a prospect ... no way he did... He inherited a team that came as close to getting to the SCF and not as it can get, and ... he tinkered with it and made some key moves , and bad luck, they fluked their way to a bottom 2 finish. Gotta give him credit for recognizing it as a fluke and keeping the coaching staff in place because he built a winner and it was pretty evident to anyone who really knows anything.

Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Baseless? Have you not been paying attention to the Senators in recent weeks/months?

Sure, there's some conjecture there as in he might not have expressly told Dorion he wants a trade, but the odds of him staying are lower than his going at this point. There's no way he's happy in Ottawa. Only thing that could convince him to stay would be if they offered him a $12-13m/8 yrs contract and that's extremely unlikely to unfold.

I pay extremely close attention.

We have zero evidence and a whole lot of negative conjecture.

Last we heard from EK was that he loves Ottawa and that it will be his home for life. He is on record as stating he wants be be paid fair market price.

Last we heard from Alfie was that EK wants to stay, but it is not in EK's control.

There has been no statements since from EK, Alfie or his agent to suggest the status has changed and that he wants out.

We know that he was furious with the troll who went after his wife on-line and that he and his wife believe it to be Hoffman's GF.

We know that the team sent Hoffman packing. We know that the trade was for a roster player and not futures. Both of these facts can easily be seen as signaling an intention to try and sign EK.

If EK knows there will be a new owner in place, then I'd put the odds at over 90% that he re-signs. With Eugene in place, I think the price tag goes up closer to McDavid and even then I'd put it at 50/50. However, unlike some others, I'm not going to post my conjecture as fact.

Reactions: Gesus

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Dorion's done a pretty good job so far right? I mean we got Alex fn Burrows guys ... And he didn't trade Hoffman for that 1st , a roster player and a prospect ... no way he did... He inherited a team that came as close to getting to the SCF and not as it can get, and ... he tinkered with it and made some key moves , and bad luck, they fluked their way to a bottom 2 finish. Gotta give him credit for recognizing it as a fluke and keeping the coaching staff in place because he built a winner and it was pretty evident to anyone who really knows anything.

High fives for everyone! :5:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I suspect that its probably similar to the Lebron James situation. Nobody really knows yet, and everything is just speculation even if it seems to be coming from a solid source. As Lebron put it, how would anyone else know when i dont even know?

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Oh, this is the one I saw...

If the team is telling the media they don't like the captain as a person you can just about bet Karlsson has indicated that he won't be re-signing in Ottawa. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
But alot of factors to go off, not everyone gets along so maybe he talked to a player that doesnt really like EK and exaggerated the thought.
Maybe he heard a rumour and the rumour was made up but lied about talking to the players etc etc

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I suspect that its probably similar to the Lebron James situation. Nobody really knows yet, and everything is just speculation even if it seems to be coming from a solid source. As Lebron put it, how would anyone else know when i dont even know?
LeBron always knows. He knew he was going to Miami long before the "announcement".

Reactions: aragorn

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If the team is telling the media they don't like the captain as a person you can just about bet Karlsson has indicated that he won't be re-signing in Ottawa. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
But alot of factors to go off, not everyone gets along so maybe he talked to a player that doesnt really like EK and exaggerated the thought.
Maybe he heard a rumour and the rumour was made up but lied about talking to the players etc etc
I'm sure when the Sens were deciding who their next captain was they decided to go with a guy who's only played in the league for 6 years for them and they knew was widely disliked in the room. Look at the company he keeps. Known cancerous personalities like Henrik Lundqvist, Daniel Alfredsson and his dastardly children.

The Erik Karlsson character assassination has begun.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
There's zero point in doing this until we get a new owner.

First response is the correct one, Impossible to tell who has been doing a good or bad job when the owner is such an extreme menace, Dorion may need to go as well but he is not the head of the snake and has likely been working under some tough and bizarre conditions.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Looks like the Melnyk/Dorion minions are back on payroll today, seems the money saved in the Hoffman deal has helped you guys out..
he managed to trade a good for nothing overpaid floater for a two way complete winger on a sweetheart deal. whats not to like!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
People. I acknowledge that there is no point in firing Pierre right now. But eventually, Eugene will need a scapegoat. What happens then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad