Fire Pierre Dorion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I also said before I hear San Jose loves Karl, and this move gets them plenty of cap space to accommodate a Dorion cross-continent fleecing.

I could see Dorion taking Couture + picks and foolishly thinking that getting a local guy would help us overlook his continued pocket being picked theme.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
For those who aren’t on board with the fire Dorion thread: what are the moves he’s made that show you he’s capable of building a successful team going into the future?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I agree. Rebuilding is stupid anyways.

Rebuilding doesn't necessarily mean getting rid of all your older players, they could rebuild with a specific number of players in mind that they would keep & built with obviously. They were the second worst team in the NHL last yr, does that not beg for a rebuild or some massive changes at the least? People have been talking about moving a number of players, I'm not sure how many players being moved signifies a rebuild but with the players traded last yr & the players expected to be traded now & throughout the yr it certainly looks like a rebuild, to me anyway.

If he tells the Sens he's testing free agency and won't extend with anyone, then I keep him to the TDL before moving him.

His value won't change significantly.
He'll help the Sens in the standings and depress the value of the pick the Avs hold.
The Sens may be sold and he might choose to re-sign at that point.

Maybe you're right but what if what some are saying is true & EK wants out of Ottawa & won't play another game for them? Trading him now may be the only option. I'm not sure when his value would be higher but given some time away from this latest mess might help to increase the value if possible. I doubt he would stay at home & get suspended & not play but who knows what is going on with him given this shit show lately & what he wants to do or where he wants to play? It's a mess,

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
For those who aren’t on board with the fire Dorion thread: what are the moves he’s made that show you he’s capable of building a successful team going into the future?

Duchene.

Drafting Batherson and Formenton.

Or are you of the opinion of nickel and diming late picks is the path to success?

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Who said they're rebuilding?

You're right there's no word to describe the demolition of the Ottawa Senators roster under Dorion.

He trades all his picks and youth while also making the roster worse.

It's not competing or rebuilding.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm all for firing both PD & GB but given this owner I'm not sure any new GM could do much better with the restraints this owner places on the GM. I also don't think we can blame PD for the Lee situation or the Hoffman/Karlsson wives situation unless he knew about it a while ago & was unable to put a stop to it if MH's girlfriend is indeed guilty. Hoffman clearly lost a great deal of value & that may have been the only deal on the table, we will never know. Everything seems to be going to shit with this team lately.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Giving a lotery pick ++ for 2 years of a top 30-40 center is not an example of building a successful team as you can see by the results of this season and the roster Pierre Dorion has assembled which had its worst finish in 20 years.

Not this nonsense again right?

Dude Dorions hands are severely tied. Hes playing the game of poker against other GM's with his cards facing up because of his inability to make sound decisions based off talent, skill etc, each and every one of his deals have been financially driven.

This team even if we had the greatest GM of all time would have similar success if they simply did what Melnyk wanted.

Reactions: aragorn

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Maybe you're right but what if what some are saying is true & EK wants out of Ottawa & won't play another game for them? Trading him now may be the only option. I'm not sure when his value would be higher but given some time away from this latest mess might help to increase the value if possible. I doubt he would stay at home & get suspended & not play but who knows what is going on with him given this **** show lately & what he wants to do or where he wants to play? It's a mess,
Who is saying EK wants out & won't play another game?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Ottawa keeps the 4th OA pick which I think they will, then we have to stop obsessing over next yr's pick that Col will get, it's gone, let's move on. They will now have a full yr to acquire a first rd pick for next yr & could acquire in a potential EK trade. If EK is re-signed than acquiring a 1st rder next yr becomes much harder, but if they are rebuilding they have a few guys they could move to acquire picks if possible that could be added together to move up the draft latter.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
lol what exactly do you call this then? because there's surely no direction here and will lead to a rebuild if they haven't already called it that.
We would have taken picks if that were the case. I’m not saying this is good or bad. We’re tryijg to stay competitive. Right or wrong.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Who is saying EK wants out & won't play another game?
I thought I heard that today on the radio or did I read it on here & take it as fact, I'm not sure now. Must be getting tired ... did anyone else hear this or am I mistaken?

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm all for firing both PD & GB but given this owner I'm not sure any new GM could do much better with the restraints this owner places on the GM. I also don't think we can blame PD for the Lee situation or the Hoffman/Karlsson wives situation unless he knew about it a while ago & was unable to put a stop to it if MH's girlfriend is indeed guilty. Hoffman clearly lost a great deal of value & that may have been the only deal on the table, we will never know. Everything seems to be going to **** with this team lately.

The problem is that if Dorion did absolutely nothing the team would be in much better shape.

Melnyks budget was constraining, but Dorion management was a death blow.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I also said before I hear San Jose loves Karl, and this move gets them plenty of cap space to accommodate a Dorion cross-continent fleecing.

I could see Dorion taking Couture + picks and foolishly thinking that getting a local guy would help us overlook his continued pocket being picked theme.

I'm not so sure Dorion would be willing to go a 2nd round with the Sharks after Wilson made a fool out of him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad