Fire Briere

Embiid

This show is rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Deadhead's defense is worse than that of the Flyers.

Oh and "whatabout" Nathan...whoever he is...what is he gonna do with the funds since she says she doesn't need it? You know he isn't going to give it to anybody more needing ...he is going to buy a Maserati...

Last edited:

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
I don’t know man, what proof do we have she’s not faking it? Like, what’s a disabled woman doing at a bar anyways? How do we know this whole thing wasn’t a setup? Consider my eyebrows raised.

Yes, more investigation must be done into this "Sullivan" character, and what motives he has against the Briere family, and maybe the Flyers organization as a whole. It would not surprise me in the slightest if Chuck has a connection to this fellow, and this is step 1 of a plan to get his job back.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Really looking forward to the

"How do we know it's actually this woman's chair and she isn't a paid actor? Seems like she doesn't need the gofundme since her chair seems to be okay. I knew beer guzzling party girl Julia was suspect. Also, i think if Briere knew it was actually for a disabled person, he wouldn't have done what he did -- if we can even be sure it was him who did it. The video was pretty grainy, and his and Dannys mention of this was just PR to get ahead of it. I bet it was Julia who actually threw it down the stairs." response.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
"Throwing a disabled girl's wheelchair down the steps isn't malicious" is one of the worst takes this board has ever seen and that's really saying a lot.

Might want to take a breather on this one.

The girl who knows the wheelchair owner is running a GoFundMe to replace the wheelchair. Because it broke. And the girl wants to remain anonymous for now.
She’s now posted this on Twitter. Chair needed some repairs, the donations will go to charity. Check out the replies.

Embiid

This show is rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
If you read her replies to her tweet, neither the Brieres nor the school have reached out to her at all! Issued media statements but no sober apology in person or even by phone.

Once again.....they care more about self-preservation if that is all they do. They have jumped the megalodon....

Reactions: Amorgus and BiggE

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
If you read her replies to her tweet, neither the Brieres nor the school have reached out to her at all! Issued media statements but no sober apology in person or even by phone.
why would Danny even have to do that? he had nothing at all to do with the situation.

Reactions: VladDrag

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
why would Danny even have to do that? he had nothing at all to do with the situation.

Yeah, that's just "extra credit" parenting work. I would still check in on her as a father myself, especially if my idiot kid weren't taking the lead on the apology tour. But in the end the onus is on Carson. He's probably too butthurt at experiencing a consequence, though.

If it's true the university hasn't reached out though, that's more surprising to me. You know a disabled student might have impaired ability to get around, why are you not checking on her? Is their SGA even doing anything? It would be interesting to find that out, because inaction on that front would be weird.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Really looking forward to the

"How do we know it's actually this woman's chair and she isn't a paid actor? Seems like she doesn't need the gofundme since her chair seems to be okay. I knew beer guzzling party girl Julia was suspect. Also, i think if Briere knew it was actually for a disabled person, he wouldn't have done what he did -- if we can even be sure it was him who did it. The video was pretty grainy, and his and Dannys mention of this was just PR to get ahead of it. I bet it was Julia who actually threw it down the stairs." response.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The bouncer made the kid apologize and he tried to use that to talk his way back into the bar. Definitely believe he's sorry. :laugh:

Jojo, if there's one thing I know in life, it is this - if that kid had done that in front of a bouncer in a Swedish club, he would be dead. Swedish bouncers are the cruelest, most heartless people on this planet. It may sound ironic, since I am saying they would kill a kid who destroyed a wheelchair, but I can tell you from personal experience that they have no sympathy for someone who has drunk enough to have lost control of their limbs and will throw such a person off a boat in the middle of Scandinavian winter.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Jojo, if there's one thing I know in life, it is this - if that kid had done that in front of a bouncer in a Swedish club, he would be dead. Swedish bouncers are the cruelest, most heartless people on this planet. It may sound ironic, since I am saying they would kill a kid who destroyed a wheelchair, but I can tell you from personal experience that they have no sympathy for someone who has drunk enough to have lost control of their limbs and will throw such a person off a boat in the middle of Scandinavian winter.
This is yet another good reason to love Sweden

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Holy f***, it’s pretty much worst case scenario.

Like I said elsewhere, now that we know the details, the three kids are bigger assholes that we first thought.
I'd kick them out of school, not just off the team.
And I think Briere needs a psychiatrist, this is looking far worse than mere drunken stupidity.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah, that's just "extra credit" parenting work. I would still check in on her as a father myself, especially if my idiot kid weren't taking the lead on the apology tour. But in the end the onus is on Carson. He's probably too butthurt at experiencing a consequence, though.

If it's true the university hasn't reached out though, that's more surprising to me. You know a disabled student might have impaired ability to get around, why are you not checking on her? Is their SGA even doing anything? It would be interesting to find that out, because inaction on that front would be weird.
I personally don't think Danny B needs to apologize for Carson's behavior. Would it be nice, sure. But Carson is not a kid.

I wouldn't expect someone's father to apologize to me if their 23 year old broke my property.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is yet another good reason to love Sweden
f*** Sweden
IMG_20200512_0002_fd121abb-39ab-4876-988d-4e5fc14128f9_1200x1200.jpg

It’s the Brazil of Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad