Fire Briere

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'd say the disabled girl who had her wheelchair apparently broken was harmed.

If someone put their crutches aside and Briere ran up, grabbed them, and threw them across the room, would you be defending him because "nobody was harmed?" This is hardly "outrage addiction." This is a huge dick move.
Was it broken? Is she disabled or just injured? Who carried it and her UP the stairs? No one was put on purse watching duty?
He looks around and sits down in it then goofs off for a bit before disregarding it like a party prop. There's no malice here like the story you invented

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Was it broken? Is she disabled or just injured? Who carried it and her UP the stairs? No one was put on purse watching duty?
He looks around and sits down in it then goofs off for a bit before disregarding it like a party prop. There's no malice here like the story you invented
Holy shit what does it matter if the victim is injured or disabled? Or where the victim was at during the incident? These are medical devices that cost thousands of dollars… Hurling it down the stairs like a “party prop” for no reason other than the lolz is a dick move. It’s not like this was a wheelchair abandoned outside by the dumpster, it was in the corner by what looks like the bathroom at a bar. Anyone with a brain would know that there is most likely a person at the bar using it. I’ve never been to a bar that keeps broken wheelchairs in the corner for assholes to hurl down the stairs.. How can anyone defend this?:facepalm:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I hope someone steals your car and joyrides it into a river.

You aren't injured or disabled, so get a bike, or walk. I don't care why you think you need the car, the person who stole it doesn't think you need it, thats what matters.

You didn't designate anyone to sit there and watch it,soo in reality, this is your fault.

And the person who stole your car was just treating it like a party prop, so this is okay. After all, Noone was injured, right?

The level of smugness in this post in f***ing disgusting and you should be embarrassed of yourself. It isn't your property. Don't touch it. It's really that simple. Quit with the "boys will be boys" nonsense.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
I can’t believe anyone is defending this.

Would this be something you would do? No one is saying the kid should be sentenced to death for his actions, but call it what it is. It’s an idiotic move. People need to take their pick, do we want “boys will be boys” excuses or are we past that point? There is no defending this. It’s an idiotic move no matter how you paint it, it shows lack of judgement and respect. The kid needs to grow up.

Either way, I’m not going to lose sleep over it. Hopefully he gets called out and actually learns from it. It is just crazy that people can try to make excuses for an act caught on camera so clearly. Regardless of the original story that is released, he could have seriously hurt someone coming up the steps. Dumb stuff.

Also, this has no bearing of what I think Briere is going to do as a GM. Figured that should be mentioned hahah. Burn the team down and let’s see what some new blood can bring to the organization.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The level of smugness in this post in f***ing disgusting and you should be embarrassed of yourself. It isn't your property. Don't touch it. It's really that simple. Quit with the "boys will be boys" nonsense.

While all of this is true, there is a bright side here. I thought I was running out of ways to feed Igor. We all need to eat.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Have the Flyers become so pointless that there's two threads discussing Briere's son pushing a wheelchair down the stairs?

Reactions: 74 others and Hexy4

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Great to know this society isn't moving forward.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

"Throwing a disabled girl's wheelchair down the steps isn't malicious" is one of the worst takes this board has ever seen and that's really saying a lot.

Might want to take a breather on this one.

The girl who knows the wheelchair owner is running a GoFundMe to replace the wheelchair. Because it broke. And the girl wants to remain anonymous for now.

Embiid

This show is rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Have the Flyers become so pointless that there's two threads discussing Briere's son pushing a wheelchair down the stairs?
The symbolism and irony of it all..

Flyers are a handicapped team on the precipice of being thrown down a flight of stairs and we still have Clarke's corpse casting a shadow. .

skull.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Who's camera? And how did she get access to it?
Like I said in the other thread, let's wait until there's more information.
This could be an asshole pushing someone's wheel chair down the stairs, or a drunk kid pushing a cheap transport chair that is in a frat house? bar? for laughs.
Right now there are zero details, and that picture makes you wonder if this girl is the most reliable of witnesses.
I am truly shocked that you would come here to defend this. Odds were probably -600 of you defending this

Embiid

This show is rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
So apparently people who are jailbreaking ChatGPT are telling it its name is DAN (Do Anything Now) so that it can circumvent answering questions about the future. Let's ask Dan(ny) if he thinks the Flyers will win a cup under his current puppet regime..

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don’t know what the other thread is as I’ve avoided most of the on topic threads.

Reactions: BiggE

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Remember when you read this everybody. The average person is pretty stupid at times, and that's the 50th percentile. There have to be people at the bottom of that stupidity scale and you're seeing one in the video, and one typing out this garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad