Euro: Final - Spain v. England - July 14

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nico scores goals. Some bangers as well. 5 league goals last season and 3 in the Copa. 11 assists in the league as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Espana has been the most impressive team clearly, I undervalued their youth, but they deserved to be in the finals. What Yamal is doing as a 16-year-old lad is much more impressive than what I saw from Messi as an 18 to 20-year-old. Williams and Olmo have also been revelations when running with the ball forward. I actually would much prefer Arsenal to not get a #9 if that means us buying Nico.

A bit surprised how Spain has made the finals with Cucurella playing in a starter role. The bloke is utter trash and looks way worse than the second-worst Spanish player. I really, really want to see that match-up of him versus Saka. Could be comedy relief at this point lol.

England has been getting by on the back of Bellingham, they either win or lose with him at this point since Southgate has the club neutered. It has kept the goals against at bay but for the sake of anything creative. Spain is playing way too well now so I expect them to win, but I am actually rooting for England. I really want to see Saka and Rice win, but mainly Saka win it!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
England has been getting by on the back of Bellingham, they either win or lose with him at this point since Southgate has the club neutered. It has kept the goals against at bay but for the sake of anything creative. Spain is playing way too well now so I expect them to win, but I am actually rooting for England. I really want to see Saka and Rice win, but mainly Saka win it!

Bellingham was crap last night and very underwhelming all tournament. England isn't relying on Bellingham because he isn't delivering at all

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
:laugh: isn't delivering? He's scored 3 big goals. Winning goal against Serbia, equaliser against Slovakia and penalty against Switzerland.

Reactions: al secord

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
:laugh: isn't delivering? He's scored 3 big goals. Winning goal against Serbia, equaliser against Slovakia and penalty against Switzerland.

He has 2 goals, yes the bicycle kick was glorious, but Saka's gorgeous pass set up the first goal, I give Saka 80% credit for that goal.

“However, the [Real] Madrid player did not shine. Quite the opposite: he went completely unnoticed"

(yes, consider the source)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nico scores goals. Some bangers as well. 5 league goals last season and 3 in the Copa. 11 assists in the league as well.
My point is he's wildly inconsistent from one game to another, which can be fixed as he's only 21. He can score
he’s got it in his tool box to have more. I think if he can get himself into double digit goals he still has another leap he can make

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Letexier will be the ref, Marciniak the 4th official. VAR handled by Frenchs Brissard & Delajod + Italian Irrati.

Letexier is experienced, but at 35 a bit young for a final ref still.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Espana has been the most impressive team clearly, I undervalued their youth, but they deserved to be in the finals. What Yamal is doing as a 16-year-old lad is much more impressive than what I saw from Messi as an 18 to 20-year-old. Williams and Olmo have also been revelations when running with the ball forward. I actually would much prefer Arsenal to not get a #9 if that means us buying Nico.

A bit surprised how Spain has made the finals with Cucurella playing in a starter role. The bloke is utter trash and looks way worse than the second-worst Spanish player. I really, really want to see that match-up of him versus Saka. Could be comedy relief at this point lol.

He's been really good to great with the ball, and also against the ball after loss of possession in attack, but weak when it comes to classic defensive duties in the Spanish end.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Letexier will be the ref, Marciniak the 4th official. VAR handled by Frenchs Brissard & Delajod + Italian Irrati.

Meh - as long as he hasn’t been involved with match fixing right

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

@Evilo What are your take on Letexier? Is he considered good in France?

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I think Spain suits England much better than the teams England have faced so far.

For the first time England won’t be expected to control the game. They will have less possession and be able to go on the counter which i think their material is better suited at.

So what am i going with this? Spain clearly the best team England will face in the tourney, but for England they might be the ”easiest” in the terms of playing style.

I’m going with England.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo What are your take on Letexier? Is he considered good in France?
No ref is considered good really, just like in every league :D.
Letexier isn't good. But then again he's had some great games in Europe, same for Turpin.
I think it was him in the Real City game and he did great IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad