GDT: Final Pre-season game Detroit @ Toronto - Saturday 7pm

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Assuming 67 and 18 have impressed enough to make the team, do the Leafs still need to sign them before opening night? Are their PTOs over now? Are they free to sign anywhere?

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
these weight loss stories are awesome, I know how hard it is ... I was pretty happy with dropping 35 lbs the year i retired but some of these numbers are outstanding!

Reactions: MSZ

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
I have sportsnet premium it is blacked out for me...

Additional Details

Sportsnet+ owns the regional rights to the Oilers, Canucks, Flames and Leafs. In order to avoid being blacked out from those teams' regional games on Sportsnet+ STANDARD, you must reside within that team's broadcast region. For more information on blackouts, visit www.sportsnetplus.ca/support.

*All Sportsnet exclusive games are available on Sportsnet+ PREMIUM. If a game is on more than one network, the game is subject to regional blackouts. Sportsnet+ PREMIUM includes all out-of-market games. Limited blackouts apply.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Was at the game... the game was a bit slow. defense was alrite. PP clicked. didnt really see anyone stand out in a good way. I would love to see a stretch of games where they dominate on the score sheet. Seems to be getting 1 goal games and barely hanging on.
Marner baffles me. Its bad on TV, its even worse in person. what is he doing? overskating, overpassing. so much skill, but it all just goes to shit once the puck drops.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Assuming 67 and 18 have impressed enough to make the team, do the Leafs still need to sign them before opening night? Are their PTOs over now? Are they free to sign anywhere?
They have been free to sign anywhere for a moth of more now, they can still be on PTOs after the season starts. Essentially, they are still free agents.

Was at the game... the game was a bit slow. defense was alrite. PP clicked. didnt really see anyone stand out in a good way. I would love to see a stretch of games where they dominate on the score sheet. Seems to be getting 1 goal games and barely hanging on.
Marner baffles me. Its bad on TV, its even worse in person. what is he doing? overskating, overpassing. so much skill, but it all just goes to shit once the puck drops.
Except for the scoring.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
WTF did I just read... lol
IMG_3710.png

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I liked what I saw for the most part from Reaves-Kampf-Lorentz.

And I say for the most part because Kampf did take a dumbass penalty to put them down 5-3.

But that line was physical, it scored, it wasn't a defensive liability, overall they were good.

Woll made a couple spectacular saves but also at times looked like he wasn't 100% comfortable.

PK was 23/24 overall

And the PP clicked at over 25% more of that please.

Jeff O'Neill, our former player looks really lean. He is really getting it and gets the ladies. He is someone our team has to also look on to. Be hard.

The f*** is this?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Extremely dissapointing to see Marner with the "A" instead of Rielly.

If that's the best Tanev brings it's not good enough. I still can't believe Treliving gave him a six year deal. You know a contract is bad when you have to sell it by saying the player will probably be on LTIR for a whopping 1/3 of it.

Only in Leafsland is anticipating paying someone to not play a good thing.

Looks like the focus for Berube is to get pucks out of the zone and in deep as quickly as possible. Seeing a lot more dump-ins than under Keefe. The Leafs are a good puck retreival team so are somewhat ambiguous on how they enter the oppositions zone.

They prefer to exit their own zone with possession but won't hesitate to dump it in to gain the entry.

The power play is a lot less static with more rotating of bodies. They don't just park in their spots on the 1-3-1 anymore. The penalty kill appears less aggressive with the focus more on clearing the zone than trying for a shorthanded goal all the time like it seemed under Keefe.

Doesn't appear Berube is happy to sit on a one goal lead and instead prefers to keep pressure on the other team until they cement the game.

Reactions: The Shadow

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Love watching Nylander's agility.

Arguably top 5 in the league out of all the forwards for agility. Has that elite burst you can only be born with once he changes direction too. Not even the Norris winner is going to challenge Nylander 1 on 1 up-high in open space. The defender will get beat every time.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
What we learned this game :

-the Kampf line can be a serviceable 4th line, great forecheck
-pp and pk has the potential to be much improved
-Stolarz looks more comfortable than Woll at this point
-Neither Timmins or Liljegren should be in top 6
-We look slower but are better structured

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events