Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Here’s the thing. Kidney progressed for two years in juniors and then hit a wall turning pro. To be expected.

Mesar went from being pro to stagnating in juniors. There lies the difference in their post draft development

People will be surprised by this as I have been called a Mesar hater, but I think Mesar's game will translate better to the pros.

Kidney did seem to have finally put on some weight so maybe it changes things, but I still think his game will not translate.

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
Mesar to me is exactly the type of pick many were calling for after a long list of late first round blunders. They went for skill, not size and well it might work it might not (far to early to say in my opinion) but I’ll give credit for at least targeting talent level. He came into this camp much bigger than last, strikes me as the type of player who will play up to the level of those around him but not ever really lead a line. Should be an interesting watch in Laval

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Here’s the thing. Kidney progressed for two years in juniors and then hit a wall turning pro. To be expected.

Mesar went from being pro to stagnating in juniors. There lies the difference in their post draft development

I still feel he shouldn't have come over. I wish he stayed in Europe for a few years until he was ready to come over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad