Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Another unimpressive multi pts game for Mesar, looks totally uninspired and bored, imagine if he had a motor inside... :sarcasm:

His ppg average is top 3 in the OHL, imagine if he was trying...

As of today he's at 2 PPG, making him #1 in the OHL and he's been getting better every game.

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 4.14.12 AM.png

C'est tu pas beau sa?

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
It might just be a question of changing contry, language, rink size and style of play. Because i've said it before, but in the two pre-seasons he had with the big club you could see the great skills in the offensive zone.

We've lost Roy and Kidney for us, stats watching enthusiasts, but having Hutson and Mesar is gonna be good this year.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hopefully he can keep this up but is it really top PPG in the OHL or bust for him? lol.

And are we allowed to be excited by that or is that just for him to stay relevant.

Just want to know the rules here

Reactions: Miller Time

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Mesar it's not about the points per say as last year he showed flashes but his issues were with bringing a consistent effort night in and night out. If he can build off this game and do this consistently then that's great news, if not we got a guy that can skate like the wind and pass the puck and not much else.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
With Mesar it's not about the points per say as last year he showed flashes but his issues were with bringing a consistent effort night in and night out. If he can build off this game and do this consistently then that's great news, if not we got a guy that can skate like the wind and pass the puck and not much else.
Not flat out disagreeing with you and the ‘per say’ qualification is noted but after last year’s underwhelming production he really does have to put up points.

But all in all you’re right. And of course effort and production isn’t mutually exclusive. Would be crazy if he put in consistent effort and didn’t produce again

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not flat out disagreeing with you and the ‘per say’ qualification is noted but after last year’s underwhelming production he really does have to put up points.

But all in all you’re right. And of course effort and production isn’t mutually exclusive. Would be crazy if he put in consistent effort and didn’t produce again

I don't see why, we saw Kidney put up 210 points in 126 games but what did that tell us about him? If you didn't see him play you would think that's outstanding production but then you see that he's smallish, skinny, lacks strength, skating, speed and mainly just can pass the puck. In the AHL he's got a lot to overcome, the skills are there, the smarts, he seems to work hard but those lack of physical tools are so tough to gauge how a player will adjust to the next level.

With Mesar we know he can pass the puck, he's put up points in the WJC"s at 18, I would expect more of the same this year. He is clearly quick and has impressive vision and playmaking abilities. He can rush the puck up ice in a hurry and enter the zone at high speed, things we need. But the points don't tell the full story as he's small, weak physically as he's easily pushed off pucks in the OHL, and clearly doesn't always want to put in the effort consistently.

Laval will be an interesting test for him next year, especially depending on what happens with Houle who's in the last year of his contract at the moment.

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
Anything "concrete" about his attitube this year? As a "skate like the wind" player maybe he can play shorthanded at the very least for the Habs. I can see a third liner.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hopefully he can keep this up but is it really top PPG in the OHL or bust for him? lol.

And are we allowed to be excited by that or is that just for him to stay relevant.

Just want to know the rules here
To each their own. At this point, I have to say though that unfortunately, seeing him rack the points right now is just like seeing 20 year old racking points at junior level. They just....better. Clear that if he would struggle to rack points, the B word would be said way more. Now.....let just say that we are in the relief part.

But he was playing against men in his draft year. As bad (and I don't think it,s that good) a league it was.

So yes, him racking points is a relief....and the hope that he goes from there and blossom is there. But later on, he will have to elevate his game. And fix the consistency issues.

Personnally, I'm just consequent. As much as I still think Riley Kidney's points were not indicative of him being a NHL'er...or thinking the same with Farrell......I still think the same with Mesar right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anything "concrete" about his attitube this year? As a "skate like the wind" player maybe he can play shorthanded at the very least for the Habs. I can see a third liner.

I don't know anything about his attitude good or bad. He's got the speed for the PK but he doesn't play on the PK in the OHL but to me the thought of him on the PK is like putting Caufield or Drouin on the PK.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
It might just be a question of changing contry, language, rink size and style of play. Because i've said it before, but in the two pre-seasons he had with the big club you could see the great skills in the offensive zone.

We've lost Roy and Kidney for us, stats watching enthusiasts, but having Hutson and Mesar is gonna be good this year.
Last year, he didn't like going back to Juniors. But this year, I think he's ecstatic to go back in the OHL instead of having Houle make him rot in the stands.

Reactions: morhilane

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Last year, he didn't like going back to Juniors. But this year, I think he's ecstatic to go back in the OHL instead of having Houle make him rot in the stands.
He and the Habs wanted him to play a lots of minutes, so he really didn't want to stick in the AHL if Houle was gonna Houle him.

But I also think he's more mature this year and he understand better how much he has to work on.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I'd try Mesar at goalie a couple of game and have him coach the practices, making sure he understand EVERY aspects of the game before i pass a judgement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad