Fighter Signings/Cuts/Promotional Changes Thread

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Eddie Alvarez a free agent

Interesting. Would love to see him back in the UFC, at least for a few fights to see where he's at and if he can still compete. I think he's probably pretty close to the end here, though.

Reactions: Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Glad to see Aldo retire or whatever he's calling it. He's still got some in the tank, but too soon is better than too late. That's true for anyone, but especially someone who you remember as being a dominant champion.

Does anyone actually want to see Floyd-Conor 2? I hope this is just Floyd stirring some shit. I want Conor back in MMA or I couldn't care less.

Eddie back in the UFC for the Chandler trilogy or something would be cool, but I don't see it. The UFC doesn't sign guys on the way out. PFL is much more realistic. I think Eddie probably doesn't win the tournament, though.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Glad to see Aldo retire or whatever he's calling it. He's still got some in the tank, but too soon is better than too late. That's true for anyone, but especially someone who you remember as being a dominant champion.

Does anyone actually want to see Floyd-Conor 2? I hope this is just Floyd stirring some shit. I want Conor back in MMA or I couldn't care less.

Eddie back in the UFC for the Chandler trilogy or something would be cool, but I don't see it. The UFC doesn't sign guys on the way out. PFL is much more realistic. I think Eddie probably doesn't win the tournament, though.

I don't know how well Floyd mcgregor 2 would even sell at this point

Reactions: pistolpete11

dss97

Aug 30, 2010

I didn’t see his DWCS fight but apparently he won decisively. Even though he’s 6-0 it’s still pretty wild the UFC is signing a 17 year old.

I guess he turns 18 in a few weeks, so that makes more sense

Last edited:
Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I didn’t see his DWCS fight but apparently he won decisively. Even though he’s 6-0 it’s still pretty wild the UFC is signing a 17 year old.

I guess he turns 18 in a few weeks, so that makes more sense

he was clearly the better grappler but his opponent was dumb as rocks. He would get Rosas in a compromising position and instead of letting his hands go he’d go for a low% sub against a guy who is a step ahead of him on the ground. Did it like 4-5 times. He’s a grappler first as well but you’d figure he’d have the brains to realize what was and wasn’t working. His corner was frustrated and I was watching it

Rosas needs to work on his striking, he would get himself caught in awkward spots when he’d get a little too aggressive. A good striker could give him issues, they’ll have to spot pick with him for a few years. The talent is very real though and I think he’s probably going to be a MF to fight when he’s 25

Reactions: dss97

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
he was clearly the better grappler but his opponent was dumb as rocks. He would get Rosas in a compromising position and instead of letting his hands go he’d go for a low% sub against a guy who is a step ahead of him on the ground. Did it like 4-5 times. He’s a grappler first as well but you’d figure he’d have the brains to realize what was and wasn’t working. His corner was frustrated and I was watching it

Rosas needs to work on his striking, he would get himself caught in awkward spots when he’d get a little too aggressive. A good striker could give him issues, they’ll have to spot pick with him for a few years. The talent is very real though and I think he’s probably going to be a MF to fight when he’s 25
Every single time Gutierrez was able to get into a dominant position he make a bone headed move or rosas would immediately reverse it. I was rooting for Rosas but it was frustrating to see how often it happened.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Every single time Gutierrez was able to get into a dominant position he make a bone headed move or rosas would immediately reverse it. I was rooting for Rosas but it was frustrating to see how often it happened.
I put a little sprinkle on Gutierrez so imagine my frustration

I don’t think Rosas is truly Ufc ready but they can start him off in the shallow end for a few years until he is

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I put a little sprinkle on Gutierrez so imagine my frustration

I don’t think Rosas is truly Ufc ready but they can start him off in the shallow end for a few years until he is
I didn't watch but your descriptions reminded me of the Chase Hooper route. Super skilled young grappler, can't strike worth a dam, gets himself into some precarious situations, has the potential but didn't work out this far. Rosas looks more built and younger than Hooper was when he started, so hopefully they give Rosas some layups while he develops his striking.

Theres guys in the UFC who didn't start training until after 17, so seeing this guy make it at this age is pretty wild.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s a pretty damn good fighter. Ended up getting hit with a USADA suspension for ostarine

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Just goes to show what a lack of professionalism will do. It's amazing to me that she probably knew she was on very thin ice and still decided to test the waters. Clearly can't trust her to make it, not worth booking a fight for a 50/50 chance of it happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad