OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
When Mexico got that own goal, I thought for sure that would eliminate them. Germany needed one goal & they would've gone through based on goal differential over Mexico. Just needed to win 1-0.

Instead, it's Korea that scores. Then the last few minutes was like watching a hockey game.

OMG, they've pulled the goalie!

Incredible drama. Germany is out. Sweden & Mexico go through. Wow!

Germany is out.....

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
When Mexico got that own goal, I thought for sure that would eliminate them. Germany needed one goal & they would've gone through based on goal differential over Mexico. Just needed to win 1-0.

Instead, it's Korea that scores. Then the last few minutes was like watching a hockey game.

OMG, they've pulled the goalie!

Incredible drama. Germany is out. Sweden & Mexico go through. Wow!

Germany is out.....

When you play like the Habs, don't expect to win. One goal against Korea was all they needed but they couldn't do it.

Germany stunk in all three games. What is surprising is how dead they were after being so dominant in the qualifiers.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He was their third goalie but he was the tallest and they wanted tall players because they thought the Swedes were Scandinavian Titans. :laugh:

Wow! thats even crazier. Kudos to him, now he earned himself a legendary status amongst Mexicans :laugh: Hell, He can be the first non-Mexican playing for Chivas in a very long time lol. In all honesty, I hope he finds himself a good European club. Very impressive goalkeeper.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Wow! thats even crazier. Kudos to him, now he earned himself a legendary status amongst Mexicans :laugh: Hell, He can be the first non-Mexican playing for Chivas in a very long time lol. In all honesty, I hope he finds himself a good European club. Very impressive goalkeeper.

That picture is hilarious. I love Mexicans, been there on vacations a couple of times. The interesting thing is that Mexico have actually been very good against Brazil over the years, they might not have plus stats against them but they have beaten some very good Brazilian teams. I give them a decent chance, Brazil have not been great so far and Neymar might start crying again.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That round of 16 has so many interesting games (and brokenhearted fans incoming)

That France-Argentina game is alright so far..
then there's Portugal-Uruguay, Brazil-Mexico and probably England-Colombia

Switz, Belgium, Croatia and Spain should pass easily imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad