OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
If FIFA clamps down on the super obvious stuff, just by calling the most blatant offenders of time wasting and excess embellishment, that would be a start on a culture shift.

Also, sometime down the road, and I don't expect this anytime soon, but I believe video review will evolve and effectively discourage such behaviour, at least at the egragious level.
FIFA can't do much because they have zero credibility. They're a more corrupt organization than the IOC and that's saying a lot. They are all about the money. They couldn't care less about the integrity of the sport. In fact, the word "integrity" should never be mentioned in the same breath as "FIFA" unless preceded by the words "complete absence of".

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
FIFA can't do much because they have zero credibility. They're a more corrupt organization than the IOC and that's saying a lot. They are all about the money. They couldn't care less about the integrity of the sport. In fact, the word "integrity" should never be mentioned in the same breath as "FIFA" unless preceded by the words "complete absence of".

FIFA doesn't care so they won't do anything, but regardless of how corrupt they are it would would be very easy to do if they actually wanted to. All they have to do is make a rule that says if a guy is injured the team has to substitute him but the substitution doesn't count against the normal limit. Put in a minimum time before the player can come back into the game like say 15min and you won't have guys rolling around pretending to be in pain because then they have to sit on the sidelines for 15 minutes.

Reactions: Bryson

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Yep. I picked France as my work cup team after 1998 (because let's be real about Canada) and they've been good to me. Euro championship and 2 world cup finals is more success than the Habs have had. The Benzema-Nasri era was a ****ing farce. Luck of the draw: sometimes a country's premier talent are primadonna losers. I have a good feeling about these guys, though.
Canada looks like they'll be pretty solid soon. Davies and Larin are studs. Hoillette is pretty good too. If they can develop a couple more players Canada could be a force.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Croatia is a damn good team. Modric and Rakitic is an insanely strong midfield. They're solid on the back end too with Vida and sub. If Mandzukic and co can figure it out up front then they'll take it.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
FIFA doesn't care so they won't do anything, but regardless of how corrupt they are it would would be very easy to do if they actually wanted to. All they have to do is make a rule that says if a guy is injured the team has to substitute him but the substitution doesn't count against the normal limit. Put in a minimum time before the player can come back into the game like say 15min and you won't have guys rolling around pretending to be in pain because then they have to sit on the sidelines for 15 minutes.
When a player gets injured enough to stop the flow of play in real football he has to go to the sidelines and sit out 3 plays before he can come back in so sure, make the team put in a sub for 10 or 15 minutes. It's worth a try and would be something as opposed to the nothing they're doing about the problem right now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Was watching the match and for some reason it was lame.....then I realized it was on the Fox feed......:facepalm:

Back to an Englishman calling the game on the CTV feed :)

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
When a player gets injured enough to stop the flow of play in real football he has to go to the sidelines and sit out 3 plays before he can come back in so sure, make the team put in a sub for 10 or 15 minutes. It's worth a try and would be something as opposed to the nothing they're doing about the problem right now.

That's the thing, these players magically heal and are ready to play right away. Take that away from them and make them sit out and they'll be less of the antics.

But I doubt FIFA cares, they probably see all the memes about Neymar and think all publicity is good publicity so want it to continue.

Reactions: Laurentide

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I was just having this discussion with a dutch friend of mine, Feyenoord supporter, and we agreed on something like this. Have a mandatory medical review if the guy appears injured. 5 minutes at least, no subs.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I was just having this discussion with a dutch friend of mine, Feyenoord supporter, and we agreed on something like this. Have a mandatory medical review if the guy appears injured. 5 minutes at least, no subs.
Even then you'd have to police it to keep malingering to a minimum. A guy goes down like he's been shot and rolls around. The ref tells him to get up. Unless he does immediately the referee signals the sideline for a medic. Once that medic steps on to the pitch, that player is out for a specified period of time and his team plays a man short for that specified period of time.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Even then you'd have to police it to keep malingering to a minimum. A guy goes down like he's been shot and rolls around. The ref tells him to get up. Unless he does immediately the referee signals the sideline for a medic. Once that medic steps on to the pitch, that player is out for a specified period of time and his team plays a man short for that specified period of time.
There should be a committee that reviews every play of every game and if you are deemed to dive or embellish, you should n’en foned 5000£

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad