OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Englishman know how to call a football match I tell ya.....the best in the biz.....

More like Bob Cole :)
I was stuck in traffic when the Colombia match was on...literally 90 minutes from montreal east to hudson. Though I had pvrd the game , I was bored , so I listened to TSN 690's BBC feed. It was pretty intense. One would think that the Colombians were literally assaulting the English the whole time. They wanted like 10 penalty kicks.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
England became too passive but credit to Croatia for a nice finish. Extra time here we come?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
As soon as I heard that England had gone up 1-0 my first thought was "How will they blow it this time?"

I can't wait to watch fat, bloated, Brexit-loving English fans burn their country to the ground when their heroes pull the rug out from under them yet again, lol.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
As soon as I heard that England had gone up 1-0 my first thought was "How will they blow it this time?"

I can't wait to watch fat, bloated, Brexit-loving English fans burn their country to the ground when their heroes pull the rug out from under them yet again, lol.
But think of the skinny, un..bloated (?) , remain , fans, that just love soccer, and want to see a world cup win!

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
But think of the skinny, un..bloated (?) , remain , fans, that just love soccer, and want to see a world cup win!
They're lost causes, like Leafs fans who weren't born until after 1967. They should have learned their lesson by watching their pathetic elders and vowing not to become them. Instead they embrace the suck and delude themselves into thinking that they own the sport simply because they invented it a hundred or so years ago.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I was stuck in traffic when the Colombia match was on...literally 90 minutes from montreal east to hudson. Though I had pvrd the game , I was bored , so I listened to TSN 690's BBC feed. It was pretty intense. One would think that the Colombians were literally assaulting the English the whole time. They wanted like 10 penalty kicks.
The radio feed announcers are epically great!!!

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
There should be a committee that reviews every play of every game and if you are deemed to dive or embellish, you should n’en foned 5000£

When you make €30m a year like Ronaldo, do you really think 5000£ is going to change anything?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Make it 50,000£ then

In any sport the way to stop diving is to penalize the team. Do like @Laurentide suggested and have the team play down a man for a mandatory 5min medical exam and simply put the coach isn't going to play guys who dive because it's going to hurt the team's chance to win the game too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad