OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Final week Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
2 things caused the L

Starting Fellaini (again)who ironically is responsible for Umtiti goal due to poor marking. He's best as supersub. Mertens or Tielemans should've started.
Hazard's selfishness. I have never seen someone as selfish as Hazard since probably Robben in his 20s and yes he's even more selfish than Piatti, just pass the damn ball you ain't Ronaldinho. It's like he expected to go through Varane and Umtiti with his stupid dribbles.

Chadli was meh but what do you expect he is a winger and Meunier's suspension costed Belgium big time.

Whatever, I'm rooting for England or Croatia now. Can't stand France's phoniness

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
This French team deserves to win WC. I'm still cheering for England or even Croatia though. England has such a long drought, and Croatia is a consistent "not quite elite" but solid second tier team, impressive, considering they're so small. Imagine a unified Yugoslavian side! Handanovic at keeper. Matic, modric in the middle. Dzeko , mandzukic upfront . Cmon, can't we get back together? !
Bah not really. They were together in the past and never had any real success.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Belgium definitely got no calls from the officials in the last 20 minutes. Thought Hazard alone drew at least 2 free kicks with no calls, especially that one right outside the box. Ref was all "play on."

Meanwhile, every pathetic French dive was given a free kick. It was frustrating.

France's D throughout the game was outstanding. Lloris made some great saves early in the game too.

Lukaku was never a threat & was uninvolved.

Hazard played great & KDB was spotty. Great some plays. Not so great on others.

France are extremely talented & I expect they win the whole thing.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Belgium definitely got no calls from the officials in the last 20 minutes. Thought Hazard alone drew at least 2 free kicks with no calls, especially that one right outside the box. Ref was all "play on."

Meanwhile, every pathetic French dive was given a free kick. It was frustrating.

France's D throughout the game was outstanding. Lloris made some great saves early in the game too.

Lukaku was never a threat & was uninvolved.

Hazard played great & KDB was spotty. Great some plays. Not so great on others.

France are extremely talented & I expect they win the whole thing.
Definitely..the officiating wasn't great at all this game.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
The last little bit of the game and stoppage time really soured my thoughts on France. Mbappe especially. They played maybe a minute and a half of the six minutes and flopped every chance they could.

I just can't see myself rooting for them no matter who wins tomorrow.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
They were until they went up a goal and then it was just embarrassing. You can't honestly be proud of everything they did after that. Flopping. Beneficial calls. Blatant time wasting. Not a lick of sportsmanship.
Don't blame France for that. This is what soccer has become. The players and teams use whatever tactics work and the powers-that-be who run the sport decided a long time ago that they're okay with the diving, embellishing and time-wasting. The NHL is no different. As long as refs keep making calls that benefit the cheaters and weasels like Marchand, the more of them and their tactics we will get. All France was doing is taking advantage of things that are already ingrained in the sport. Maybe if England was better at playing the game like sissies they wouldn't have to wait 52 years to get into the World Cup finals. Playing the game with any degree of sportsmanship or honor is fine if you don't mind losing to teams that stretch the rules in order to win.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't blame France for that. This is what soccer has become. The players and teams use whatever tactics work and the powers-that-be who run the sport decided a long time ago that they're okay with the diving, embellishing and time-wasting. The NHL is no different. As long as refs keep making calls that benefit the cheaters and weasels like Marchand, the more of them and their tactics we will get. All France was doing is taking advantage of things that are already ingrained in the sport. Maybe if England was better at playing the game like sissies they wouldn't have to wait 52 years to get into the World Cup finals. Playing the game with any degree of sportsmanship or honor is fine if you don't mind losing to teams that stretch the rules in order to win.

While I agree with this. What Mbappe did today was taking the line and pole vaulting over it.

Pegasus

Jul 20, 2006
Vancouver
France getting every free kick now. Terrible second half officiating

Yes you get free kicks when players make fouls, Hazard should have gotten a second yellow on the aggression on Matuidi.

Regarding the foul on Hazard, I do believe that was a foul.

But stop saying horrible officiating, if you know a little bit about soccer, the game was well officiated overall, it is never perfect but hopefully it levels up.

Pegasus

Jul 20, 2006
Vancouver
I would have against England but this display was absolutely grotesque. A yellow card for what Mbappe did is not a punishment. Should have been a straight penalty kick.

What the heck, you need to really stick with commenting on hockey not soccer lol.
Everybody wastes time I extra time, since the beginning of soccer.
I do agree that Mbappe did something wrong there, and he did get a yellow card. It is what it is, people are just upset because their team lost.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What the heck, you need to really stick with commenting on hockey not soccer lol.
Everybody wastes time I extra time, since the beginning of soccer.
I do agree that Mbappe did something wrong there, and he did get a yellow card. It is what it is, people are just upset because their team lost.

It's a dangerous precedence. If I'm leading in the world Cup, I'm just gonna take the ball the first time it's out of bounds and start playing keep away from the other team. A yellow card? Cool. That literally does nothing at this stage. New added time mini game play monkey in the middle with the soccer ball!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Hope you go down in flames in the final you baguette totin', beret wearin', Gitane smokin' cheaters.

Merde! I once waited on a train in SW France going to Pamplona. While we waited a group of railroad workers had their lunch break close by. They all wore black berets, they all had a cig flipping in their mouths, they drank wine, had bread with cheese and 2 of them were arguing for 40 minutes while their cigs were flipping up and down. It was like a French film from the late 50s. It's sad that Mbeppe at 19 is throwing himself on the ground trying to get opponents cards or having them sent off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad