98.5 The Sports Hub FELGER - Could trading Swayman be the right move?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He’s a smart dude. He always in the negative side. The Bruins burned him a while ago. He is a fan though, but he has ratings to keep up. He knows how to get good ratings. He is not to be taken seriously. He barely lets people state their case when they call. He cuts them off right away. We even have a Felger jr now on the other station.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm not sure Seattle would do this and I love Swayman but if they offered Matty Beniers I think I would do it. B's would still have good goaltending and add a VERY MUCH NEEDED young legit #1 C. Sway may even like the idea as he would be much closer to home. What do you all think?
I mean the return to a team like New Jersey or Carolina (or Toronto) would have to be beyond astronomical because we'd see him in the playoffs. Seattle yeah that is pretty fair but still a ton of risk.

That is why Ullmark is being such a little B refusing to go to the West coast where we wouldn't exactly need to skin a team and get a huge ransom. In the East Ullmark would require something a lot better. Swayman and you'd be asking for their entire first line.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I listen to Felger and Mazz quite often, probably three times per week. I have always liked it.
Me too. I don’t always agree with everything, but he makes valid points at times. When it comes to Swayman, I love the guy like most Bruins fan do. If it’s going to be maybe 8x8…… I dunno about that.

Reactions: Blowfish

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@DominicT - I agree Felger doesn't know squat about how the NHL Cap works but I can say that in the past 10 years, we have seen several NHL GMs who didn't know either.

My best guess is Philadelphia will make a good offer for Ullmark Yes they finally signed Ivan Fedotov but Carter Hart is going to be in limbo until the Hockey Canada mess gets sorted out in the London, Ontario courts.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
@DominicT - I agree Felger doesn't know squat about how the NHL Cap works but I can say that in the past 10 years, we have seen several NHL GMs who didn't know either.

My best guess is Philadelphia will make a good offer for Ullmark Yes they finally signed Ivan Fedotov but Carter Hart is going to be in limbo until the Hockey Canada mess gets sorted out in the London, Ontario courts.
I can see Philadelphia.

I can also see a case where the Bruins hold onto him until trade deadline.

But I personally think NJ is at the top of the list.

Reactions: lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

Or no-movement clauses. Swayman’s not going to sign an 8-year deal just to allow himself to get traded before it even begins lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad