98.5 The Sports Hub FELGER - Could trading Swayman be the right move?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Goalies do not have the trade value even the franchise level goalies.

I dont think there is any chance they will trade Swayman. I think he will be signed before the draft.

That said it will be interesting to see what goalies values are this spring, and Ullmark will be an interesting case. We have some who believe we'd be lucky to get a second, and others who think we can get a very valuable player, and maybe picks on top of it.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Depends what we talking about; if it’s a package for the right star player you have to listen. Love sways but lots of GM’s likely do as well. Ulmark with Bussi behind him isnt a ridiculous drop off.

Reactions: TCB

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
You pay Swayman Very well and for long term. You get whatever you can for Ullmark and move forward. Swayman is vastly superior to Ullmark.

The added bonus will be no more embarrassing goalie hugs.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Then you get another backup
no you don't.....who's the backup if you don't have either Bussi/Ullmark.... see this is why you need to follow all the affiliates..... because Providence is a major part of the developmental aspect.... Maine is, too, but we didn't just luck in to DiPietro who was the "black Ace G" once the Providence season collapsed.... and that's why DiPietro wasn't on the active roster when Ullmark isn't there

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Sign Talbot, Martin Jones… whatever. Sway will play 50+ while some other stiff plays against the weaker teams.

Isn’t Bussi like 27 having made no impact yet? I wouldn’t lose much sleep over a backup.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sign Talbot, Martin Jones… whatever. Sway will play 50+ while some other stiff plays against the weaker teams.

Isn’t Bussi like 27 having made no impact yet? I wouldn’t lose much sleep over a backup.
Bussi is an RFA..... there's no guarantee he's staying here.... similiar to what Swayman is facing as a RFA

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bussi is an RFA..... there's no guarantee he's staying here.... similiar to what Swayman is facing as a RFA

Sure maybe someone will pay him 3 million. :help:. If Busi is the plan to be the backup then Bussi will be back. No real concerns there

what happens if Bussi gets claimed on waivers.......

why would Bussi be waived in this scenario. In the described Scenario They resign Sway, they trade Ullmark, and Bussi is the backup. No concern about him getting waived.

If they do go out and sign a different goalie for the backup, or if Bussi loses the job to Dipietro in camp then yes he would go on waivers, and a good chance you would lose him

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I enjoy Felger, Mazz and Jim Murray. They obviously touch on nerves, but they give a different perspective and make valid points.

The legendary KPD can also get on people’s nerves from time to time, but he’s also excellent. The only thing he ever did that I truly hated was the goalie playing without a stick suggestion to increase scoring several years back.

To me, being mad at media folks for their opinions is like being mad at a WWF wrestler. They have their own styles so if you don’t like Felger then simply don’t listen. Calling him names on here is gutless because none of the complaints would be made to his face given the opportunity. In fact, most of you would tell him how much you like his show. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad